IGNORED

Homebrew games with FREE downloads

oky2000

Don't have a console so I am not buying anything but there doesn't seem to be a thread where games that are free, or at the very least a nice demo that is free, to download.

Now that there is a very nice emulator I can start to explore the machine I didn't own, never have owned. I do this with all my systems, usually on real hardware on a CRT TV, look for nice games made this century you can try out for free (on PEMU in my case).

Any suggestions, links appreciated. Thanks.

9 hours ago, oky2000 said:

Don't have a console so I am not buying anything but there doesn't seem to be a thread where games that are free, or at the very least a nice demo that is free, to download.

Now that there is a very nice emulator I can start to explore the machine I didn't own, never have owned. I do this with all my systems, usually on real hardware on a CRT TV, look for nice games made this century you can try out for free (on PEMU in my case).

Any suggestions, links appreciated. Thanks.

If you're enjoying the emulator then consider supporting the emulator writer.

• Like 3

Thanks for the links everybody. I never owned a Jaguar, only ever played a couple of games on it once in my life so you can consider this the start, year zero, for my Jaguar gaming journey as of yesterday afternoon. 

Can't see myself ever buying a console and due to my own afflictions and the deathly risk of getting COVID I will neither be getting government assistance OR going out to work ever again. Because of this same problem I only go to the bank once or twice a year to transfer any of my retirement fund into an account with a small enough balance I am comfortable using with Paypal/online payments etc so yes in the future I can make donations and yes that includes one for the emulator PEMU of course. 

For some of us unless there is ever a proper cure for COVID a normal life is impossible.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Keep in good health.  Was told early on from a valued source that 5000 mg of D3 helps against it.   And naturally staying active, good diet ect.  

And welcome to Jaguar gaming, have a blast.   I think most commonly people would agree Tempest, Raiden, and Doom deserve a look.   Kobiashi Maru is one of my favorite home brew games.

15 hours ago, doctorclu said:

Keep in good health.  Was told early on from a valued source that 5000 mg of D3 helps against it.   And naturally staying active, good diet ect. 

Not to be a dingus, but I believe you mean 5000 IU.

Supplementing Vitamin D is a good idea for those that spend a lot of time indoors anyway, which I suspect applies to many of us. :)

• Like 1