IGNORED

Intellivision console replacement for gold metal inlay?

Rev

On 1/8/2023 at 8:24 AM, Rev said:

This video made me wonder if anyone ever made replacement for missing or damaged inlays.  

Is there any?

I had some a while back that we sold (new old stock), but mostly we had silver ones. We may still have a few, but they mostly have some scratches and dings.

• Like 1

I've known about the Hoskinson ones for a while, but have never seen them in the flesh.. Probably because they don't appear to have that turned metal finish like the originals do. They look kind of plain, like the flashback controllers. However I'm still gonna order a couple the next time I place an order there.

7 hours ago, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

I've known about the Hoskinson ones for a while, but have never seen them in the flesh.. Probably because they don't appear to have that turned metal finish like the originals do. They look kind of plain, like the flashback controllers. However I'm still gonna order a couple the next time I place an order there.

They are plain, no turning. And don't match the rest of the system. I was missing one so it was better than nothing but stands out quite a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fierodoug5 said:

They are plain, no turning. And don't match the rest of the system. I was missing one so it was better than nothing but stands out quite a bit.

I didn't notice this as an issue? I've got a pair of their replacements on my SVA controllers and they seem to look pretty close to the power and reset. Haven't tried to use them actual model 1 controllers with the rest of the metal to compare.

And the flashback controllers are really more like stickers I think? That is how they look and feel anyway.

On 1/10/2023 at 7:14 AM, Fierodoug5 said:

Could you send me a picture of the difference? Also I wasn't sure what you meant by no turning? Let me know what I can do to make this right. 

18 hours ago, Starwander said:

I was going to have these decals remade. Something that has been on my bucket list for some time. I almost had them made with the last batch of box protectors.

that would be awesome a full kit with the strips and controller disks 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...