IGNORED

PRGE 2023 Intellivision attendees & exhibitors wanted

Rev

• 2 weeks later...

Barring any unforeseen financial issues I hope to be there again!  Last year was my first of what I hope to be many, and it was great meeting a bunch of the Intellivision crew from here.  I was the guy hanging out with William. :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MGG said:

Barring any unforeseen financial issues I hope to be there again!  Last year was my first of what I hope to be many, and it was great meeting a bunch of the Intellivision crew from here.  I was the guy hanging out with William. :)

Mike Bergeron, is that you?

4 minutes ago, MGG said:

Hmmmm...  How long does a new member have to have moderator approval for all their posts?  Said hi to Luc over 6 hours ago and it's still hidden. 🤷‍♂️

Just for your first few posts. You're good now, and I approved your earlier post as well. 

..Al

• Like 1

I have seen and heard a lot about PRGE and as an Australian I feel I am missing out. 

Should I make plans to have a quick trip for a few days to experience it myself - would there be a good place to stay near the event? Is there a place people typically stay?

Anthony

Mike comes from Germany every year and Simone comes from Italy or Hong Kong or wherever he is that year, lots of people travel there. I fly from Toronto. The Hotel Eastlund is very close and the nicest but most expensive, the Inn at the Convention Centre is not quite as nice but fine, cheaper and just as close. There are other hotels a bit further away. 

• Like 2

On 1/24/2023 at 3:11 PM, abeckett said:

I have seen and heard a lot about PRGE and as an Australian I feel I am missing out. 

Should I make plans to have a quick trip for a few days to experience it myself - would there be a good place to stay near the event? Is there a place people typically stay?

Anthony

When I went in 2018 there was a Best Western within walking distance and they let me park there for $5. The lot was almost suspiciously empty though, even with the cheap parking. It's either gross or nobody staying there rented a car.

The Intellivision guys all seem to stay at Eastlund. (I did not, but I invited myself to dinner every night.)

• Like 1

When I drove out there in 2016 (jeez, has it been that long already 😳) I stayed at the Fairfield Inn by the airport. Definitely wouldn't do that again, I think it's worth it to be within walking distance.

Has anyone stayed in the Pearl District on the west side of the river?

The Eastlund is well worth the money and much better than the surrounding options within walking distance.  I've stayed at the Shiloh Inn and Quality inn and recommend Quality Inn over the Shiloh Inn.  The last few years I've spilt a room with a fellow Intellinerd at the Eastlund to save $$.

• Like 2

If you are mainly only attending PRGE, then staying at hotel on the east-side near the convention center is the best option.

If you are planning on being a Portland tourist as well as PRGE, then staying at a hotel on the west-side is a good option.  I recommend the McMenamins Crystal Hotel (quirky style, great restaurant, nice soaking pool).

• Like 2