IGNORED

Batocera and Atari800 emu on VCS

Goochman

Not sure if this is the right forum but Im trying to run the atari8 emu in Batocera on my Atari VCS.  I have about 5 other systems including the 5200 which all run fine and recognize the "start" button on my XBox controller.

However I cant get the atari8 emu to recognize Start no matter what I do.  Ive even remapped Start to the letter 'p' on the keyboard with no luck.  I cannot get any form of the START key to work.

If I press the left Analog Stick down I get what appears to be an overlay keyboard - I can navigate to STA (START) but again have no way of executing the command.

Anyone else using Atari8 on Bactocera successfuly?

Ive changed 2 options - Turn Basic off and changed the model to 130XE and also 800

No dic!  Select and Option work fine through the controller and the 5200 emulation works fine with Start/Select/Option.

This is my last problem IM trying to solve  - thanks!

19 hours ago, Goochman said:

If I press the left Analog Stick down I get what appears to be an overlay keyboard - I can navigate to STA (START) but again have no way of executing the command.

Anyone else using Atari8 on Bactocera successfuly?

I have Batocera installed to USB.  Just checked the A8 emulator (Atari800 3.1.0 retroarch core) and L3 brings up the virtual keyboard, pad/stick navigate it, and the fire button selects the key.  Same behavior as the EmuDeck setup on my Steam Deck for the Atari800 core.

I do have to have Port 1 Controls set to Device Type 'ATARI Joystick' for the keyboard overlay/Atari800 Menu/etc to function at all.

The A button as defined in the Emulation Station Controller Mapping.  So 'East' or B on the Atari Modern Controller or Xbox, provided you didn't reverse order map the controller.  

Hotkey + 'South' (A on the Atari Modern Controller or Xbox) while in the Atari800 core brings up the RetroArch Quick Menu.  From there navigate to Controls/Port 1 Controls and you'll see Device Type listed at the top.