IGNORED

Altirra and VINTAGE TV look

pmgraphics

I've been using this VINTAGE TV.cgp for sometime to create a classic tv appearance with Altirra, which is much more realistic than using Altirra's screen effects. With Altirra version 4.10 I must uncheck Direct3D 11 in options > dispaly for VINTAGE TV.cgp to work. The site where I grabbed the VINTAGE TV.cgp from is no longer in existence, thus it's probably not being updated.

Is unchecking Direct3D 11 impacting Altirra's performance?

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I've ran Altirra in DX 9 since forever and I've never had any problems with slowness.  Honestly, it's the recent and latest PC games that take advantage of DX 11 as oppose to emulators.

BTW, what all do I need to do to use .cgp shaders on Altirra?  I can find a copy of VINTAGE TV.cgp but it said I need other shaders to use it...

5 hours ago, MrMaddog said:

I've ran Altirra in DX 9 since forever and I've never had any problems with slowness.  Honestly, it's the recent and latest PC games that take advantage of DX 11 as oppose to emulators.

BTW, what all do I need to do to use .cgp shaders on Altirra?  I can find a copy of VINTAGE TV.cgp but it said I need other shaders to use it...

this the vintage tv look that I found years ago.

vintagetv.zip

• Thanks 1