IGNORED

Moon Patrol

jhd

One of my very favourite arcade games growing-up was Moon Patrol. Sadly, it does not seem to have been re-released as part of any compilations.

I can certainly play it through MAME, but has it ever been officially re-released on a console? (I have the Atari 2600 version, of course, but I wanted something closer to the original.)    

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jhd said:

One of my very favourite arcade games growing-up was Moon Patrol. Sadly, it does not seem to have been re-released as part of any compilations.

I can certainly play it through MAME, but has it ever been officially re-released on a console? (I have the Atari 2600 version, of course, but I wanted something closer to the original.)    

The arcade version was released on Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Midway Collection 2  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcade's_Greatest_Hits:_The_Midway_Collection_2

It's also available on modern consoles and mobile as part of the "Arcade Archives" series

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zzip said:

The arcade version was released on Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Midway Collection 2  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcade's_Greatest_Hits:_The_Midway_Collection_2

That's probably the only PlayStation and PS 2 arcade game collection that I do not currently have. Sigh.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jhd said:

That's probably the only PlayStation and PS 2 arcade game collection that I do not currently have. Sigh.  

I'm sure I remember having that one, but suddenly I can't find it!   (also sigh) 

Unless I'm thinking of the PS2 release that also had Joust 2 (but no Moon Patrol).

3 hours ago, jhd said:

I remember buying it brand new when it first came out.  I still have it somewhere.  Moon Patrol was also released with Spy Hunter on a 2-for-1 cartridge for the Game Boy Color right around that time.

https://youtu.be/uUWDyTaVlq0

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jhd said:

Outside of arcade archives on various eshops, the arcade version also recently made it to the Irem arcade 1 cart on evercade.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

I'm sure I remember having that one, but suddenly I can't find it!   (also sigh) 

Unless I'm thinking of the PS2 release that also had Joust 2 (but no Moon Patrol).

Yeah I had all the other games except Moon Patrol so there must've been a separate Midway release.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 9:26 AM, jhd said:

I feel ya brother. I love that game as well

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/10/2023 at 8:26 AM, jhd said:

A fav of mine too. I don't know about it being on any compilations however.

On 1/10/2023 at 8:26 AM, jhd said:

Re-released on a console? It was on cartridge for Atari 8-bit and XEGS.

• Like 1