IGNORED

Carts with painted labels

intvdave

Yes, I did find a Lock N Chase painted label while recycling cartridges. As far as I know the only one ever found. 

But in a rush to scrape the label off it was damaged. I didnt think to keep it. D’oh!!!

So, now it is living its days under a copy of Unlucky Ponys Adventures. If someone finds it ill send them a replacement Pony label. 

AF56B7BC-6736-4495-9B03-DFC54DB7E57E.jpeg

48 minutes ago, intvdave said:

That is correct. Tennis is *not* painted. It is a regular label that seems to be originally put on upside down. I have been able to pull labels off cleanly. Not these paper ones though.

Ah, thanks for the correction - I misunderstood. That's still pretty cool. 

1 hour ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I don't think the Tennis one is painted.

I am 99.99% sure my tennis label is painted blue. I just sold it..... Just because the cartridge label is blue on Tennis, does that mean it is not painted?

1 hour ago, intvdave said:

That is correct. Tennis is *not* painted. It is a regular label that seems to be originally put on upside down. I have been able to pull labels off cleanly. Not these paper ones though.

I have successfully pulled off cart labels every time, but they were all laminated. So I learned something new, that some labels are just paper. They would definitively be more difficult if not impossible to remove.

Very interesting this detail Dave, thanks for pointing it out!👍

Pitty that I learn it now, obviously I did never pay attention to this detail before, so now I have to check all Mattel cartridges I have one by one (plus my Unlucky Pony (luckily Rev don’t schrinkwrap his games)), it will take me ages!!!🤣🤣🤣

12 hours ago, walldog1 said:
13 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I don't think the Tennis one is painted.

I am 99.99% sure my tennis label is painted blue. I just sold it..... Just because the cartridge label is blue on Tennis, does that mean it is not painted?

A picture would help.  Those are the only four I've seen with a painted on label (vs a glued on label).  Well, I guess now the Lock 'n' Chase a that Rev manhandled.

• Sad 1

On 1/10/2023 at 9:58 AM, Rev said:

Yes, I did find a Lock N Chase painted label while recycling cartridges. As far as I know the only one ever found. 

But in a rush to scrape the label off it was damaged. I didnt think to keep it. D’oh!!!

So, now it is living its days under a copy of Unlucky Ponys Adventures. If someone finds it ill send them a replacement Pony label. 

AF56B7BC-6736-4495-9B03-DFC54DB7E57E.jpeg

I remember my cousin having this one in the early 80’s.