IGNORED

Unknown TI-99/4A Command Module

MikeG

Basically, there are two ways to find out what it is: open it up to read the part numbers on the GROM chips and compare them to the master GROM list (attached), or plug the cartridge into a console and see what it displays.

On the metal loop, cartridges with these on them were part of store displays BITD. TI provided the displays and the display hardware to assist the stores' efforts to showcase/sell TI stuff. There are a lot of these out there (I think I have about 30-40 of them in my collection). Most of them were common titles, but a few were also somewhat HTF titles, so you may get lucky.

GROM List V7.odt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pixelpedant said:

Yeah, my family picked up various Toys R Us TI stuff when they were clearing out their inventory on an "everything must go" basis, and that even included a Munch Man display cart with one of these tethers, which I still have somewhere. 

If I can get a good enough cable attachment, I will be using such a set up for my Dragon's Lair VCF-SE exhibit.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

If I can get a good enough cable attachment, I will be using such a set up for my Dragon's Lair VCF-SE exhibit.

Of course, a significant portion of the thieves of this world would take that as a challenge. . .many of the displays I saw BITD had a loose wire or two from cartridges that had been snipped from their cables by enterprising twerps (and they probably used a set of cutters that they snagged from the tools section of the store).