IGNORED

65 XE, UMB, Side 3, Fujinet

Bee

I have the latest Firmware on the Fujinet.  I have set SIO to not wait.  I have created a new disk file on my SD card and mounted it as "W".  Divisor is set to 0.  Install Side3  SDX 4.49e and I get a SDX prompt.  A: enter

Error 144 Write Protected or Bad Sector

What am I doing wrong here? 

DOS 2.0 doesn't do divisor 0

2.0D was shipped with the 815 drive, not sure if that's going to work as a standard drive... not sure if fujinet will emulate and 815

You called it DS though... maybe post the image here for people to check

You copied it to fujinet SD card and set it as slot 1 correct?

It can not be accessed by Sparta afaik

Edited by _The Doctor__

2.0D was the double density double sided inverted data 815 disk...

Just because it's on a tnfs repository doesn't mean it been tested to work with fujinet, or that there wasn't a regression, the image might help test that,

and since we don't know if that's truly what the OP has... we ask for the disks image.

so maybe we should ask if all the other DOS disks etc work?

one last question would be if the speed limiting capacitors are still on the SIO port as well...

Divisor zero usually needs all the help it can get and devices that are capable and aren't supplying bypass of pbi siov using their own loaders / filters so to speak, same thing goes for whatever is on the disk itself, if it doesn't use the computers built in OS for the disk operation and go through that vector.

Edited by _The Doctor__

Correct, so the issue is multifold. Using a DOS configured such that it does not do DIV 0 with disk image that may or may not boot or be understood by Fujinet of a format that may or may not be understood by SpartaDOSX in it's current configuration.

so in addition....

maybe use slower DIVisor setting

use sparta imager for adding ataridos.sys driver/configuration to see if it helps

SpartaDOS X manual also covers PBI and SIOV choices, so reading those sections may be useful and provide understanding.

SDX PClink can do DIV 0 but will not be useful as it's for sio2pc hard disk usage, it won't be reading AtariDOS disks so we can avoid that confusion.

Edited by _The Doctor__

The DOS 2.0D image hosted at the FujiNet Wiki boots at divisor 0 over SIO2SD (with the U1MB HSIO driver), and the ATR is readable by a stock SDX 4.49e installation (again relying on the U1MB HSIO driver). The absence of the ATARIDOS.SYS driver should produce an 'Unknown filesystem' error (148), while attempting to use divisor 0 via the SDX SIO.SYS driver tends to result in ponderously slow disk access and lengthy hangs.

Edited by flashjazzcat

Might need to indicate what server you are using, ie Respeqt/APE/et al.

should the fellow want to try it that way.

He might try downloading the image again, who knows maybe it's corrupted in someway, stranger things happen.

Hopefully all of this drills down on what part in his process is failing. It's good to know FJC did it without FujiNet serving the image.

the map/sioset functions of Sparta might not work with ataridos.sys so conflicting SIO drive slots vs SIDE drive partitions would have to be handled through other means FDISK etc. since it appears all are being used together

Edited by _The Doctor__