IGNORED

Hardware Mod Output Video Resolution

MasterWelch

17 hours ago, MasterWelch said:

what is a good upscaled resolution with out it losing to much quality. currently using rgb scart.

Quite a few of us are currently using Crayola The Crayon King's "Orange Peel" Mod kit for INTV I & II. Even Composite looks good. I do not know off hand what the resolution is using a RGB SCART Cable. It probably make a difference on what OSSC or other equipment you have it running through. I have a Kaico 1.6 and on my 43" Panasonic Plasma and it looks pretty good to me. It is a little "blocky" but still has a very sharp picture. Once you are playing your game, I don't even notice anything bad related to the picture.

Just don't buy a 90" flat screen and expect good results. 😝

6 minutes ago, MasterWelch said:

@walldog1I do have my intv 1 modded scart rgb by crayon kings mod. So does that change the spec? I have a scart to hdmi adapter that can go down to 800x600. Looks good but still not spot on. My dam retrotink5x doesn't read the intv scart.

That is strange because I've got Crayon's OP boards installed into several systems I've done and those owners are using the Tink5x and report great results? One of them is the one I did for @ZeroPage Homebrew as they use a Tink5x with theirs. Now the very very first Crayon king Baker boards didn't like some of the scalers too much and that was one reason I was sticking with Yannicks for as long as I did. But once he made the Rev.5 baked potato boards and his current Orange peel boards, that was no longer an issue. I don't own a Tink5x myself but I know his boards work great on the Tink2x Scart that I use in the lab. And they work well through my OSSC.

4 minutes ago, MasterWelch said:

@ZeroPage HomebrewHomebrewi would like to know those scart settings on their retrotink5x then. Im not sure what mod it was. It was a rgb scart or component kit that could do either. I had it shipped to the tech who installed it. He ordered it and I paid him. So im not sure if it's the same one.

If it was the older board that could do both RGB or component, then that was Crayon's first version of his board and yes...it had issues with the Tink5x and even some of the settings on my OSSC. He corrected for those sync issues with his later made boards and now the Tink products should work with minimal options needing to be setup for them.

If you only had the RGB output installed and not the component, then his newer boards could be swapped in to replace the older one and you should be good to go at that point.

12 minutes ago, MasterWelch said:

@ZeroPage HomebrewHomebrewi would like to know those scart settings on their retrotink5x then. Im not sure what mod it was. It was a rgb scart or component kit that could do either. I had it shipped to the tech who installed it. He ordered it and I paid him. So im not sure if it's the same one.

Unfortunately I've upgraded my firmware on my RetroTINK5x (which removes all saved settings) since the last time I had my Intellivision connected via SCART.

I just plugged it in again to test and it works with an incredibly crisp picture on the SCART-RGB input with NO changes to the default settings.

- James

image.thumb.png.9e5f455afab4fe164f590365cdb49e39.png