IGNORED

I made a free arcade style homebrew game

Obiw4n

https://galaxypilot.uk/gallery/

That's the gallery for it, I got the kit from some chaps in the US ( I'm in the UK here ) supplied my own artwork etc and my game runs off a micro-pc inside the cabinet... on a special brew of windows 10... just loads my game from the power on after 30 seconds or so... anyway the game, well it's very niche... classic arcade shooter, 1980s style... basically my homage to Star Force if you remember that game... anyway if you dig down the url there's a link to download the game from Twitch if your interested, I finished the game six months ago... did the website etc... no money to advertise obviously so it went into obscurity within a day I think, anyway it was very disheartening... I've should make more videos of the game being played in the cabinet... maybe I will who knows, anyway I was just checking out the website after six months of non contact ( I had a feeling It would go no where... and I was right, hundreds of hits a day from bots but not one solid true blue human... ) so I've got a couple of years before the website I made for it expires and I suppose in the mean time if at least "3" people downloaded it and tried and started playing against each others scores ( which you can do ) then all those years huddled in the glow of my computer screen would have been worth it eh ? ah i dunno. :)

• Like 4

It looks and sounds great on my Linux laptop. I'm very bad at it and die quickly even on Easy, though. I might have better luck if I find a joystick to hook up to it rather than playing on a tiny laptop keyboard, however. Thanks for sharing your game!

• Like 1

Thank you Karl, yeah joypad is what I use... you can use a mouse also which is a bit fun... ( PC version only I think ) the arcade version ( for home cabinets etc ) uses a text file to assign keys to play, anyway I hope one day someone makes a decent youtube video of it, cheers

2 hours ago, Silvio Mogno said:

Really cool!

But too difficult for me.

Yeah it is for me also, thanks for the nice comment, you know after playing as much as I have it's all down to getting all the powers and those little side pods and then it's like a knife through butter and then your playing just to get the highest score without spending a whole day playing it... anyway I did factor in those people who can do that... so the game can be almost endless, anyway 'too hard' was the only other criticism I had about the game from someone else... so hmmm, anyway cheers

On 1/16/2023 at 4:54 PM, Obiw4n said:

Yeah it is for me also, thanks for the nice comment, you know after playing as much as I have it's all down to getting all the powers and those little side pods and then it's like a knife through butter and then your playing just to get the highest score without spending a whole day playing it... anyway I did factor in those people who can do that... so the game can be almost endless, anyway 'too hard' was the only other criticism I had about the game from someone else... so hmmm, anyway cheers

It wasn't a criticism to you.

It's a criticism to me because I'm getting old😂

I really appreciate your game, especially the mix between retro graphics and modern effects.

Great work!