IGNORED

Season 13 ~ Week 23 ~ Flash Gordon

Vocelli

9 hours ago, Absalon said:

Get your Popcorn ready for the final challenge between places 1 to 4. 

🥳

Let's see who dares to post scores like atarisphinx. Or will they wait until sunday? 🤔

Thanks @Absalon, it's been a really great contest, and while Kermit has been just a bit too good for the rest of us, the battle for 2nd  almost literally could not be tighter. 6 points from 2nd to fourth in a context of overall scores North of 1400 points really is a ridiculously close contest. Thanks to everyone for making this another fun competition, and to @kermit73 , @McCallister , and @AtariSphinx for such a great contest. Most of all of course, thanks to @Vocelli for making the whole thing happen 

Unfortunately time is against me again this week, and what I have now might just be lot. I'm hoping to get another bit of time to play on Sunday morning, but I'm going to post what I have in case it's as good as it gets.

As for the game itself, it's an interesting one to finish on. It genuinely tries to go down the space exploration route, which is pretty brave with 4k!. The game is fun, and the graphics do the job. You just can't help feeling that it needed a bit more computing power (or at least ROM!) to really pull of what the programmers were trying  to do. It's still been fun though, and I'm glad we're finishing the regular season on a fun game.

Anyway, that's enough from me, here's a score :

AKA Space Adventure_2.png

Edited by Jasonhrb
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Vocelli said:

Sorry about the fuzzy pic... mid game the screen went crazy.

Was this a bug/glitch? Looks interesting. Like a big starfield.

I got the other bug (already mentioned) yesterday. Could not finish the game. I had to hard reset, because a new game didn't help.

IMG_20230119_202843_859.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jasonhrb said:

Thanks @Absalon, it's been a really great contest, and while Kermit has been just a bit too good for the rest of us, the battle for 2nd  almost literally could not be tighter. 6 points from 2nd to fourth in a context of overall scores North of 1400 points really is a ridiculously close contest. Thanks to everyone for making this another fun competition, and to @kermit73 , @McCallister , and @AtariSphinx for such a great contest. Most of all of course, thanks to @Vocelli for making the whole thing happen 

Totally agree with this.  Been great playing with everyone but there is definitely tough competition.   At the end playing and enjoying Atari is what it's all about including playing games we may have never tried before.   

Unfortunately like @Jasonhrb my time this week as well so my score is probably it as well.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Once I get caught in the swarm on level 3 I’m just dead.

Same. I feel like the game is a breeze except for the disruptor  fields which are really tough. I spend the first couple cities avoiding them but eventually they move fast enough to catch me while trying to destroy some warriors.

My latest score is not much better than my last but I’ll post it anyway in case I don’t get another chance before the deadline.

D03FE284-7116-42EC-BC52-5A66A1D40587.jpeg

• Like 2

Did you read the manual? At the last page there is some helpful strategy advice:

"HINTS FROM DAVID LUBAR...

(1) The key is to try and maintain shields at all times. Once you have shields,

go to another Hatching Pod right away. You can use the shielded Ship to

quickly destroy the Spider Warriors.

(2) When the Disrupters speed up at the higher levels, it is almost essential tos shoot a Generator in order to escape."

Trying to find the fastest route through the level to maintain the shields helped me a lot. I breeze through the levels quickly. From level 3 onwards you additionally need hint number 2.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Yeah, I had been afraid to use the ship as a wrecking ball after shields dropped and I died a couple times, but now that I know that is the main mechanic I am going to go for it.

Also there is a sound cue when your shields are about to drop and when they are recharged. Don’t turn the Queen soundtrack up too much or you’ll miss it, as happened to m… I mean someone I know.

There are no videos of anybody playing this right - feel up to it, @kermit73? I might try to make a video if nobody else does…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2