IGNORED

Just ordered Galaxian & ET…

ColecoGamer

I just ordered Galaxian and ET from Intellivision Revolution. What I am excited about is ET! All the bugs that plagued the Atari 2600 version (i.e. the pits, for example) are gone. 

From what I have seen on YouTube, this new ET looks playable and fun! It gives us a window into what the 2600 game was supposed to be, but couldn’t due to issues.

Has anyone else ordered ET for Intellivision? Do you like it?

https://youtu.be/88pc_8CFEhE

On 1/12/2023 at 9:39 AM, ColecoGamer said:

I just ordered Galaxian and ET from Intellivision Revolution. What I am excited about is ET! All the bugs that plagued the Atari 2600 version (i.e. the pits, for example) are gone. 

From what I have seen on YouTube, this new ET looks playable and fun! It gives us a window into what the 2600 game was supposed to be, but couldn’t due to issues.

Has anyone else ordered ET for Intellivision? Do you like it?

https://youtu.be/88pc_8CFEhE

Yes, I've enjoyed playing it. Only played the 2600 version when I was young and found it pretty confusing at the time. The only thing I've been finding annoying is the randomness to the screens which makes hard levels extremely difficult as it just turns the game into a big game of chance instead of skill. I think the game would be more enjoyable to play if the screens stayed in order the same once generated at the beginning of play. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vtadave said:

ET looks awesome.  Tempting.... Still working on the 125 though.

I saw this post,and it made me ponder the nature of collecting. 

Keep your focus on the 125 first,like you said.

It's easy to get distracted and start collecting other games,or for other systems.

Yet it's wise to concentrate your collecting money on finishing one goal at a time when possible. 

The 125 is a fun adventure that also gets tough the last 15-20 games. 

You can do it with patience, diligence, and persistence!👍😊

• Like 1

If you are going CIB I cannot help you.

But I have many of the harder games to get.   LF 1 and 2.  etc.

But 30 years ago, I was saving space and dumped all my boxes for the Intellivision / CV / VCS / TI99 / C64.   It worked, I saved a bunch of space!  :(  

I do have some CIB and NIB homebrews  let me know what you need.  I already sold things like 4-tris and space patrol.  But I do have 5 -10 others.

I am at the stage where I am only interested in playing or creating games.  Not collecting them.