IGNORED

Post formatting broken

Stephen

I've noticed when pasting text here, the spacing gets completely messed up.  It looks fine in the editor, but when posted, there are 3 to 5 blank lines between everything.  I'll drop a small example here.

{
	"comment": "Altirra configuration file.",

"_1": "Which asm file is to be compiled?",
	"input": "sprites.asm"
}

Also, I no longer see options to add spoiler or code tags.  The old style BBCode tags do not work.  Finally, when pasting that code block above, I have to leave space in the editor afterwards, or I cannot "escape" the pasted block.  Is there a way we can get back the old way of posting such that we can see and edit the markup?

You can see in this image what it looks like while I am editing:
Editor1.thumb.png.3eb2631d21956a093833fae9569b8407.png

• Like 1

Greetings,

14 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I've noticed when pasting text here, the spacing gets completely messed up.  It looks fine in the editor, but when posted, there are 3 to 5 blank lines between everything.  I'll drop a small example here.

Yeah, depending on what you're pasting from, items will often get double-spaced, although in this case it's worse than that.  It has to do with a setting for the forum where carriage returns in text are displayed with a blank line between text or not.  Unfortunately, due to the sheer volume of old posts when the forum was upgraded several years ago (when this change was made), I needed to stick with the original setting so older posts would not suddenly have poor formatting.  It's not an ideal situation.

14 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Also, I no longer see options to add spoiler or code tags.

Spoiler tag:

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 10.27.03 AM.png

Code tag:

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 10.27.27 AM.png

These should be visible in all views, mobile (small), tablet (medium), and desktop (large).  If you're not seeing these, please let me know and I can investigate.  Here's your code above in a code block, I did have to manually remove the extra blank lines:

{
	    "comment": "Altirra configuration file.",
	    "_1": "Which asm file is to be compiled?",
	    "input": "sprites.asm"
	}

You can choose several different languages for syntax highlighting in the lower-right corner of the code box (where you paste in your code):

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 10.29.03 AM.png

Hope this helps,

..Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Stephen said:

Testing code block mono-space:

; Bank $13 to $25 - Screen RAM
; $013000 to $025BFF	Screen RAM (320 * 240)
; $025C00 to $025FFF	Free space

OK - sorry for the false alarm.  It was a scaling issue, everything is lined up.

Okay, good, thanks for checking again.

..Al