IGNORED

Interviewing ChatGPT about Intellivision

cmadruga

2 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

Well, at least he's been up-to-date on the homebrew scene... Pitfall II just came out during the last PRGE!

LOL, yeah, that as well -- that's possibly another error, given its knowledge base mainly goes through 2021.  But if the game has been discussed a fair bit before its release (such as here), perhaps that was not an error.

The answers overall are impressive, though. 

..Al

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Albert said:

LOL, yeah, that as well -- that's possibly another error, given its knowledge base mainly goes through 2021.  But if the game has been discussed a fair bit before its release (such as here), perhaps that was not an error.

The answers overall are impressive, though. 

..Al

Yeah, other than the time I asked it to solve the Riemann Hypothesis 🙂... ChatGPT's answers have consistently impressed me as well.

ChatGPT is down right now but it is amazing. I asked it for a few Go code examples illustrating some patterns and it answered both with code and very clear explanations. Maybe it can help to program in Intybasic 🙂

I can see ChatGPT as a significant improvement over the Eliza: AI psychologist. There is talk that these AI programs will replace Artists, Writers, Software Programmers, and any number of white collar jobs. I don’t think that is nearly the case yet, and likely in the next 10-20 years what will happen is that these programs will be used as a tool to enhanced the speed at which employees are able to complete their tasks. (Similar to how the automated scanner UPC lessened the required number of checkers to buy groceries, and now how self-checkout is reducing the need for checkers 6:1 (to reduce stealing mostly)).

It is clear that these AIs don’t have general intelligence, and can only guess what the “correct” words to use in a sentence are. The “Madden” example is a clear example of that. Since EA owned the NFL license since 2005, no pro-football game has been made that don’t sport the “Madden” moniker. As far as the Chat AI is concerned, the highest probability when it sees the word football is to see the word Madden before that. (Ever see the funny sentences you can get using just predictive text).

I don’t think ChatGPT will pass the Turing Test (need to fool 30% of the people), and as people become more aware of how these AI cat bots work, they will devise new ways of tricking the AIs to reveal that they aren’t human. The funniest things are the people who fail the Turning Tests, and are confused for AI chat bots (talk about NPCs)

Regarding using ChatGPT for coding help, it might be able to set up skeletons for you to get the general structure right, but all the detailed examples I've seen so far have been all over the place, in particular if you ask for help about coding some retro game. It might be OK on JavaScript, Rust, C++ etc where there is plenty of modern code available to analyze.

46 minutes ago, Albert said:

LOL, those 2600 answers are complete

garbage!

..Al

Of course they are. It interpreted “best” to mean most popular. Then it found in its database of information that the “best selling” game was PAC-man. Therefore, Pac-Man is the best 2600 game. These ChatBot AIs are really stupid in the grand scheme of things. They have the “intelligence“ of a 2-year old, and we will always be 50 years away from them becoming as intelligent as an adult human.

All these bots are is a search engine with a decent grasp of natural language formation. But, I bet you could trick ChatGPT with some cleverly worded questions (not Kirk vs Computer logic where the AI explodes, but a question that an intelligent human would understand the meaning, but the AI cannot. Ie some form of sarcasm)

• Like 4

11 hours ago, CapitanClassic said:

Of course they are. It interpreted “best” to mean most popular. Then it found in its database of information that the “best selling” game was PAC-man. Therefore, Pac-Man is the best 2600 game. These ChatBot AIs are really stupid in the grand scheme of things. They have the “intelligence“ of a 2-year old, and we will always be 50 years away from them becoming as intelligent as an adult human.

All these bots are is a search engine with a decent grasp of natural language formation. But, I bet you could trick ChatGPT with some cleverly worded questions (not Kirk vs Computer logic where the AI explodes, but a question that an intelligent human would understand the meaning, but the AI cannot. Ie some form of sarcasm)

They remind me of Eliza Doolittle in that scene of My fair Lady (or Pygmalion), where she is speaking with the most perfectly proper pronunciation, but using absolutely the lowest class slang, and nobody knows what the heck she's talking about.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/classic-scene-fair-lady/

Them 'as pinched it, done her in.

Except in this case is perfectly constructed sentences with valid semantics, but with possible nonsense context.

dZ.

On 1/13/2023 at 4:57 PM, CapitanClassic said:

There is talk that these AI programs will replace Artists, Writers, Software Programmers, and any number of white collar jobs.

Gimme another 8-10 years to retire before AI takes my software programming job! 😁

12 minutes ago, gunoz said:

Gimme another 8-10 years to retire before AI takes my software programming job! 😁

All the futurists keep over emphasizing how close we are the General Intelligence. We are always 20 - 50 years away. I don’t think the computers will ever be able to replace software engineers. Worse case scenario, your job will be modified to be “AI Prompt Writer”.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, like when I start a new project or even a new view for an existing module at work. Instead of writing the framework code by scratch or copying an existing view and edit it as required, I'm sure a customized AI trained at our company's code can generate a new project based on my input and existing work, but then it is my task to complete it and make it work. After all most software is far more complex than just a matter of copy and paste, at least software you can charge money for.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zendocon said:

multiplayer party game

Someone brought up a Clue type game which Mattel had planned for video (not game console). I believe there is quite some market for video game versions of various board games, assuming you have any friends who want to play.

Or maybe a game inspired by M.U.L.E. without it being an unlicensed clone. Or maybe a licensed version after all.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 5:08 PM, CapitanClassic said:

I saw an example of just such a thing.

https://www.aprogrammerlife.com/top-rated/still-not-ready-to-take-over-the-world-2952?fbclid=IwAR15LA37wHK4ZNy3av18UBgW_DIEfqb7jsfVFfY4ApDv4QqsudxeDkmI0rg

• Like 4