IGNORED

Treasure Conflix is now in English

Damn, I've always thought this to be just a mode 7 airship shooter from the small snippets of video but there seems to be a bit more going on. 

I love the art style and the color palette in the interior scenes, just oozes with atmosphere. Makes it look like the great 90's era-specific point&click adventure games from Sierra and Lucas Arts. Gabriel Knight 1 comes to mind especially. 

Thanks for the heads up, hopefully will find some time to look in to it some time. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Now that my Super NT has gotten the jailbreak treatment, I'm all set up for playing these translated forgotten titles. But I am quite unsure how to make this process a reality. I have "a" Treasure Conflix rom, but the bps patch provided produced a faulty result. I have read that the rom must be in header / no-header mode, depending on what the origin rom of the translation was made on to but I don't see any mention to it on the Treasure Conflix page. 

It's all very confusing.

Strange.  I'd actually go back to finding another patcher, it could just be a bad match.  I've the few times done such a thing never bumped into an issue where the rom wouldn't patch and if I did, I just dumped the app and something else got it done.

Are you using LunarIPS or something?

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Are you using LunarIPS or something?

I have LunarIPS but that only works on .ips files, which seem to be more prevalent on translation projects. I did a few of those and they seemed to patch successfully. Treasure Conflix was the only one to use a .bps file and that needed another app. I tried to patch it with Flips. Don't know if because of the satellaview-origin that this game is somehow a special case or something. 

Well the one I know of is beat maybe you have a bs file that doesn't match the picky CRC code, or the emulator is having a problem.

I know I have a working set of roms, and some of them just won't open up in MESEN despite its high accuracy and others will, so I doubt it's the english patched BS-X binary file I found was to blame to booting as some things I tried did, some didn't.

So it could be anything from rom, patcher, bios file, or emulator.

@SlidellMan Thanks for the link, I'll probably use that in the future.

However, the online patcher and the Advanced SNES ROM Utility-tool that I also got from the site both revealed that my ROM has a mismatch on the CRC32-data, so that is why the patch fails. I'll have to search for a different ROM. 

• Like 1