IGNORED

R² [New WIP]

CyranoJ

Something I'm working on in the background:

Complete re-write of the Rebooteroids engine using the latest RAPTOR API to make a new game with new features and styles.

• More roids!
  • Higher colour backdrops!
  • Up to 4 players at once! (In video all players hooked to same input... I don't have 3 friends!)
  • Higher quality music playback!
  • Particles for explosions!
  • Double the rotations of the players for extra accuracy!
  • 60fps locked!
  • ... more to come

This game is not going to be called "Rebooteroids 2" but rather "R²" - it will not fit with the narrative of the first game.

No ETA, vague ideas of where its headed.. will post more here when it seems appropriate.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Something I'm working on in the background:

Complete re-write of the Rebooteroids engine using the latest RAPTOR API to make a new game with new features and styles.

• More roids!
  • Higher colour backdrops!
  • Up to 4 players at once! (In video all players hooked to same input... I don't have 3 friends!)
  • Higher quality music playback!
  • Particles for explosions!
  • Double the rotations of the players for extra accuracy!
  • 60fps locked!
  • ... more to come

This game is not going to be called "Rebooteroids 2" but rather "R²" - it will not fit with the narrative of the first game.

No ETA, vague ideas of where its headed.. will post more here when it seems appropriate.

We're close to having a super refinement of that Black Hole homebrew.

Seriously though, this looks pretty damn good. Looking foward to the final version!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, KidGameR186496 said:

We're close to having a super refinement of that Black Hole homebrew.

Seriously though, this looks pretty damn good. Looking foward to the final version!

Wow, someone really remember Black Hole ? This crappy prototype has been done in 24 hours, and was more a playable proof of concept than a game. I wanted to include different game modes (multi round, team match, ... - I don't even remember if the ROM destect properly end of round) but finally never came back to it.

R² looks super nice, there is always need for good and fun multiplayers hames in our convention. I can see R² being a hit and a nice contest event...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Insanity! I hope the extra 'roids are due to multiplayer. The original game kicks my buttocks enough as is.

One of my favorite parts of Rebooteroids is the oddly neat way the background shifts as you fly, like it's related to ship movement somehow, but not solidly enough to be completely connected. I suck at math as well as explaining things in general (despite 30 years in journalism: I make other people explain things and I just write what they say) so I'm sure there's some succinct explanation for the behavior. Anyhoo, I'm hopeful R2 gets a groovy moving backdrop.

• Thanks 1