IGNORED

Legit Atari Jaguar games

Judge Mental

Hi all,

I'm new to collecting the Atari Jaguar and Jaguar cd. I recently bought a jewel case version of Space Ace for $13 and change. I heard beware of them, but beyond that I can't find anything about jewel case games vs. long box versions. It works/plays fine, so no complaints there, just curious.

Edited by Judge Mental
Grammatical errors

Beware seems like a strong word. The only reason one might avoid them is because they have a lot of boxed Jaguar games already and want the CD cardboard boxes as well so that everything is close to matching, or their hung up on getting everything as complete as possible, which in today's Jaguar market is a recipe to be poor quick.

Thinking about it, you might want to make sure the game is on a pressed silver disc as opposed to a cdr. There are plenty of folks who will sell bootlegs and I suppose those could work sometimes, but it would be a ripoff if you buy one for a high price, expecting it to be a real copy from the 90s.

Edited by sirlynxalot
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, sirlynxalot said:

Beware seems like a strong word. The only reason one might avoid them is because they have a lot of boxed Jaguar games already and want the CD cardboard boxes as well so that everything is close to matching, or their hung up on getting everything as complete as possible, which in today's Jaguar market is a recipe to be poor quick.

Thinking about it, you might want to make sure the game is on a pressed silver disc as opposed to a cdr. There are plenty of folks who will sell bootlegs and I suppose those could work sometimes, but it would be a ripoff if you buy one for a high price, expecting it to be a real copy from the 90s.

Thanks. It is silver pressed, so that's good. At least I only payed $13 for it. CIB is no big deal. I collect for playing the games and not to make shelves look cool, even though Jag game boxes and consoles do look cool.

Edited by Judge Mental
  • Like 1

Space Ace was pretty common to see as CD only, I think I still have a sealed one I bought before I finally found a boxed version. Usually if you run into a bootleg on the Jag it'll be a loose cart only, although I've seen some boxed Battlesphere fakes too. 

• Thanks 1