IGNORED

Rebuilding my collection! Kind of.

jerseystyle

So after getting a couple of micro arcades, and that 64K games emulator box, I’d like to add a few more pieces. What would y’all recommend? For reference I don’t want a PC or to fiddle with anything :) pic of what I have thus far (other than emulator thingy). Oh and I have an Evercade as well (thanks Songbird!)

E8D2A8D6-490F-4780-B2CA-D0A334E0B80C.jpeg

Edited by jerseystyle

That set you have there are fairly special.

Space Invaders does accurately re-create the original cabinet quite well, it was a premium model there isn't it?  If it's the one I think it is, sold for $50 as  Premium arcade.  MyArcade did 2 others, SF2 Champion and Contra, I've had all 3 but kept SF2CE it's that good.

The other two would be Carmen Sandiego and Oregon Trail, not sure exactly which versions they are, probably DOS PC hacked to work on that, they're great for what they are, and Carmen actually does save your progress, wish I had kept that one.

If you're into it, SF2CE and Contra are worthy to grab in that price point/line of cabinets.

Beyond that, I'd strongly suggest to get more for your money, but keeping it more tight on space, more of the multi-players.  Neo Geo Mini International, Sega Astro City Mini(LRG still can't sell them out shockingly), and any of the mini consoles of the last 5 years or so (NES, SNES, Genesis 1 and definitely 2, and the PCE or TG16 Mini.)  All bring a fantastic collated list of solid games to enjoy and presented quite well and work great.

No fiddling required here other than just a power wire, maybe a HDMI cable and controller wire if you got the mini consoles too, but that's it.  You just turn them on and they work, no thought process or fiddling required.  I mean if you did get everything in the mini systems/mini arcades mentioned you'd have at least 200-300+ games to work with, more than most would need for years to come if ever beyond.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

That set you have there are fairly special.

Space Invaders does accurately re-create the original cabinet quite well, it was a premium model there isn't it?  If it's the one I think it is, sold for $50 as  Premium arcade.  MyArcade did 2 others, SF2 Champion and Contra, I've had all 3 but kept SF2CE it's that good.

The other two would be Carmen Sandiego and Oregon Trail, not sure exactly which versions they are, probably DOS PC hacked to work on that, they're great for what they are, and Carmen actually does save your progress, wish I had kept that one.

If you're into it, SF2CE and Contra are worthy to grab in that price point/line of cabinets.

Beyond that, I'd strongly suggest to get more for your money, but keeping it more tight on space, more of the multi-players.  Neo Geo Mini International, Sega Astro City Mini(LRG still can't sell them out shockingly), and any of the mini consoles of the last 5 years or so (NES, SNES, Genesis 1 and definitely 2, and the PCE or TG16 Mini.)  All bring a fantastic collated list of solid games to enjoy and presented quite well and work great.

No fiddling required here other than just a power wire, maybe a HDMI cable and controller wire if you got the mini consoles too, but that's it.  You just turn them on and they work, no thought process or fiddling required.  I mean if you did get everything in the mini systems/mini arcades mentioned you'd have at least 200-300+ games to work with, more than most would need for years to come if ever beyond.

Yes I’ve been thinking about getting the Astro City Mini for sure. I’ll look into the SF2 mini. Yes the Space Invaders is great- premium product for sure I really like it.

Edited by jerseystyle

• 1 month later...

You could get a Vectrex. That’s a conversation piece for sure and about the same size as those mini consoles. I’m a fairly new Vectrex owner and I can’t keep my hands off it. There’s a multicart with the entire library for 50 bucks and a pretty active homebrew community making quality games

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Madwindoman said:

You could get a Vectrex. That’s a conversation piece for sure and about the same size as those mini consoles. I’m a fairly new Vectrex owner and I can’t keep my hands off it. There’s a multicart with the entire library for 50 bucks and a pretty active homebrew community making quality games

Awesome- I love the Vectrex! I have one plus a multi cart in storage back in New Mexico. I gotta get down there and get that back for sure.