IGNORED

INTV2 controller fire button fix?

Eisengrim

I got an INTV2/ECS setup after seeing how games like Operation Cloudfire take advantage of the added sound channels. I thought the 2609's fire buttons were kind of a pain, but these are on another level. For both controllers the top buttons barely press, and the lower buttons don't press at all. They work, meaning they register in games the way they're supposed to, but there's limited or no feedback. It's challenging because the spacing between buttons is different than with the 2609, and proper feedback would help me overcome years of muscle memory with the original controllers. Is this normal, or is there some fix for this?

The Intellivision II side buttons, like the keypad, are non-tactile by design. The 2609 side buttons have a plastic bubble similar to the keypad buttons underneath the rubber buttons.  You'd have to come up with something mechanical like that to make it tactile.  Another option is to use the ECS Computer Adaptor with your 2609.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1