IGNORED

Chess Piece Box Query

Atari2600PAL

Hi. I've picked up a light sixer (for spares) because it came with a chess piece box/nice original looking inserts and a couple of CX10's (minus the hex discs sadly, but otherwise looking very good though not tested as yet)

But the box is printed/overlayed a bit off true, is this likely to be a badly made original please? or a repro?

Both box ends have been sealed at some point (seems unlikely for a repro?) and colours/print seem to match my existing early non-chess piece box

Thanks

image.thumb.jpeg.d9fc95ae29842392c455ad88849b04aa.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.47d684d05337a37d095756ff532e388b.jpeg

Are the lines all sharp or does the printing look like it came from art that was scanned?  How about the quality of the paper as compared to your other original?  If you own both original and repro boxes for reference, you would be a better judge than me or anyone else here as to whether it's real or not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Psionic said:

Are the lines all sharp or does the printing look like it came from art that was scanned?  How about the quality of the paper as compared to your other original?  If you own both original and repro boxes for reference, you would be a better judge than me or anyone else here as to whether it's real or not.

For all intents and purposes it looks original (sharp print, box material etc) when compared to my other original box

I just wasn't 100% sure because of the way the print is off true, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't of thought twice about it being original tbh

Thanks