IGNORED

Lynx High Score Club 2023 Round 0 -- What do you want to play?

Rick Dangerous

Atari Lynx High Score Club 2023: Round 0

image.png.2a164d00970dc8428af1165ecc0e1de1.png

This round we play Decide on Games!

Round Starts: Weds February 1st, 2023 12:01am EST

Hello Lynxers; its time....to get this party started!  What games do you want to see played in the next round of the Lynx HSC; to start February 1st?

Lets keep them fun and arcadey! The next map in Shanghai is mandatory of course :) (whatever is after bear)

I've just rediscovered and upgraded my Lynx (Gamedrive, McWill LCD-Mod) and as playing the 8bit-HSC is quite funny I would like to participate here.

I would like to play...

-Gates of Zendocon
-Klax
-Lemmings
-Ms. Pac-Man
-Toki
-Tournament Cyberball
-freely available homebrew-games

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys; I want to introduce you someone who needs no introduction in the Jaguar/Lynx HSC worlds: @jgkspsx

He is going to be the new Moderator for the Lynx HSC.  Congratulations!!

I'll be over running Jaguar as usual and participating in both.  Thanks for trusting me to run a few seasons, it was very fun.

I think having one person dedicated to each system will only increase the quality and variety of games played as it will allow for more time spent on each by each host.  Looking forward to a great 2023 of gaming! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here are some of my ideas. Let me know if you think any of them are awful.

- award 5 ranking points for providing suggestions on this thread, open until the schedule is finalized
- start the Lynx season at the end of the 2600 HSC and end it before the new 2600 HSC starts

- stagger the dates with the Jaguar HSC so that we don’t have both systems coming due on the same day each cycle

- leave all of the games open all season, with a running leaderboard, so that people who missed the start of the season feel they can catch up

- to incentivize people to play their best the month of the challenge, if your final score for the season is the one you submitted the month of the challenge, you get five bonus ranking points for that challenge

- do a commercial homebrew game that came out in the last year AND a free homebrew game the same cycle - you can compete in both but you will get the higher of the two ranking point scores

- play through the games before the cycle starts and post a target score: beat it for extra ranking points

- assorted non-score based bonus point opportunities throughout the season

Let me know what you think!

Also, let me know how long you would like each cycle to be: a month, three weeks, something else?

21 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

Here are some of my ideas. Let me know if you think any of them are awful.

- award 5 ranking points for providing suggestions on this thread, open until the schedule is finalized
- start the Lynx season at the end of the 2600 HSC and end it before the new 2600 HSC starts

- stagger the dates with the Jaguar HSC so that we don’t have both systems coming due on the same day each cycle

- leave all of the games open all season, with a running leaderboard, so that people who missed the start of the season feel they can catch up

- to incentivize people to play their best the month of the challenge, if your final score for the season is the one you submitted the month of the challenge, you get five bonus ranking points for that challenge

- do a commercial homebrew game that came out in the last year AND a free homebrew game the same cycle - you can compete in both but you will get the higher of the two ranking point scores

- play through the games before the cycle starts and post a target score: beat it for extra ranking points

- assorted non-score based bonus point opportunities throughout the season

Let me know what you think!

Also, let me know how long you would like each cycle to be: a month, three weeks, something else?

Blah, blah, blah. Just start the season already. ;)

When does the 2600 HSC season stop and start?  How much time would that give to the Lynx season?

Staggering with Jaguar seems like a good idea.

Suggestions from me include a specific track in Hard Drivin', not an either/or.  Tournament Cyberball 2072 and Pit Fighter do not have high score records and both were arcade games.  I quite enjoy the former and maybe I will have a reason to put some time in on the latter.

• Like 1

The 2600 season playoffs are now. I expect them to wrap up on February 12. It looks like it started in the middle of August. If we did that it gives us seven months, which is more than half the year. So it would be seven rounds if we did a month each, or we could do three week intervals, which would give us 10 rounds.

I think since we did Hard Drivin' last year, we should skip it this year. Tournament Cyberball sounds like a good one, and Pit Fighter gives me an idea for a bonus challenge...

• Like 2

I might actually try HSC this year. I've resisted in the past since I pretty much stink at video games. But what does that matter, as long as it's fun.

As for game suggestions, I can't resist suggesting my very own "Dance, Bro!" A 2022 homebrew with no high score limit. And it also has poop noises. 😃

Update: I just saw that this game is now in Argon. Super cool!

Edited by OldAtAtari
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...