IGNORED

AtariVox+ Setup Questions

KevKelley

I had recently received my AtariVox+ and was curious about some of the process regarding the setup for PC.

I had followed the steps in flashing the AtariVox firmware on the 2600-Daptor II.  Now when I plug both the 2600-Daptor II and the AtariVox+ into it I hear over my headphones "AtariVox+ Ready."

I had also made sure the Speakjet includes were located inside my bB and game directories just in case. 

I had also noticed that when I would load certain programs Stella would identify that there is an AtariVox recognized. But that is where I am not sure if I am missing something.  When I run programs I don't seem to hear any speaking.  I had even tried the sample program from this thread and even then I do not hear anything.  

Even on hardware I didn't hear anything.

Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, SpiceWare said:

Did you configure Stella with the AtariVox' serial port?

1. Options
  2. Input
  3. Devices & Ports
  4. AtariVox serial port

Are you aware of the AtariVox club?

image.thumb.png.4d82b2c3f7c3d870854656e6e34d8eae.png

I believe I had tried that but it looked a little different. I think it showed either COM1 and COM3. I tried either and it didn’t make a difference. 

I was not aware of the club so I will definitely look at that although I think I did come across some of those posts while I was looking for info to troubleshoot. 

2 minutes ago, SpiceWare said:

Windows uses COM# for serial devices, while Mac and Linux use /dev/_____.

Ah. I’ll have to remember this as my wife wants to get me a Mac. 

once I have a chance this weekend I am gonna see what I’m missing and comb through the forums a bit more and pull out my 2600 to see if I can test with my Harmony cart. When I tested my file I did not get the same effect that @ZeroPage Homebrew experienced. If I get a chance and cannot figure this out I’ll post a video of what I experience.