IGNORED

I messed up. Help me fix my heavy sixer and a darth vader

kalgran

Ok. I'm gonna cut straight to the chase. I messed up working on two 2600 consoles.

Heavy sixer:

Is able to play basic games but won't play more complex ones. I'd have to go find the carts to specify but this one.

I believe I have 2 extra riot chips ready for install and I'm going to test that as soon as I can before requesting more help on this front.

Darth Vader:

this is my problem child. This is the console with sentiment because it was my dad's when he was a kid. I was unwise and decided to try and modify it with a composite audio video kit. My soldering was less than ideal at the time and I ended up lifting a solder pad or two. It's also likely that some of the chips were damaged with static, shorting or something in the process. I'm lost at where to even start a diagnosis on this one. I'd actually rather ship this one out for repairs and mods than try and tinker for hours on end with it. If anyone is up to the task please contact me (kalgrandy@gmail.com)

any suggestions of where to start or people to contact would be appreciated.

thanks atariage!