IGNORED

Season 13 ~ Major League Tournament

Vocelli

Good  improvement on Gremlins. Crazy to think that this might not be enough to reach the top half, but given the quality of play in the tourney, that's where we are .  . . . .the "strike line" for this game is now around 50% higher than the top score in the regular season !!!!!. Hats off to all of my fellow competitors for a fantastic round.

Gremlins (1984) (Atari)_1.png

Edited by Jasonhrb
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Jasonhrb said:

Good  improvement on Gremlins. Crazy to think that this might not be enough to reach the top half, but given the quality of play in the tourney, that's where we are .  . . . .the "strike line" for this game is now around 50% higher than the top score in the regular season !!!!!. Hats off to all of my fellow competitors for a fantastic round.

I couldn't agree more.  The level of play from everyone is truly impressive.  The only "safe score" is Rollage!

• Like 2

Sky Jinks: 2:15.75

I found two more spots to improve my time and thought they might make the difference between what I had and the top time 2:14.80 on Twin Galaxies.  It looks like there are other opportunities for improvement.  I'm thinking most the difference might be how much you have to let off the gas to get through pylons 20 thru 16.

It's crazy to think that the top six times on this game are likely to be within a half second or so.

image.thumb.jpeg.cfdb8c741441451fc003362df6d6eb91.jpeg

• Like 3

Improvement on Sky Jinks. This should see me seafe on this game, and at least into the next round (although the quality of play has been so high that who knows for sure ?!?!?!?). Still precariously balanced on the other two though thanks to the strong competition.

Sky Jinks (1982) (Activision)_6.png

• Like 4

Another leap forward on Gremlins. Hopefully this should be enough, but I think @kermit73 was right when he said that the only safe score is rollage. Crazy to think that on Sky Jinks, the strike line is likely to be within a second and a half or so of a world record score. 

Gremlins (1984) (Atari)_5.png

• Like 3

Big improvement in Vanguard, but thanks to the high standard of the tourney, looks like this still wont be quite enough (for reference, this would have put me second in the regular season round !). Want to post it anyway in case it turns out to be my best effort, but hoping to get an hour or so in to try and improve this evening.

Vanguard (1983) (Atari)_1.png

• Like 3