IGNORED

Fast Freddie, why no 7800 or 8 bit conversion?

lucifershalo

On 1/22/2023 at 1:11 PM, lucifershalo said:

Ok, it is not the most famous arcade game, but strange AND a shame that Fast Freddie was never converted to Atari 8 bit or 7800.....

1. It was never a big seller into the arcades so was unlikely to be a hit in cartridge form
  2. Atari didn't develop it (it was licenced from Kaneko, IIRC), and so Atari may not have had the rights to do computer and/or console ports of the game

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favorite arcade games as a kid, have many fond memories playing fast freddie in my grandfather's candy store every day after school. As far as I know there are no home ports and I've been searching for years for the arcade PCB to use at home with my supergun with no luck. Obscure and ridiculously difficult to find it will have to live on in my memories but will always continue to hunt one down

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 10:23 PM, Dauber said:

What'd be cool is if an enterprising 7800 developer could not only make this game but also give the player the option of playing either Fast Freddie or Flyboy.

I love it when obscure arcade games with no home ports finally get a home release, I actually look forward to these games over ones that are ported over and over again to every system. Stratovox is a perfect example so I snatched it up immediately. Heres hoping more games like this see the light of day...and fast freddie 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 10:09 PM, Neogeoman said:

I love it when obscure arcade games with no home ports finally get a home release, I actually look forward to these games over ones that are ported over and over again to every system. Stratovox is a perfect example so I snatched it up immediately. Heres hoping more games like this see the light of day...and fast freddie 

Wait, WHA?!?!? Stratovox?!?!