IGNORED

REC.GAMES.VECTREX no longer archived thru Google???

MrRetroGamer

I used to read the new daily postings on this Vectrex group thru Google Groups. It doesn't seem like you can do that for this particular group any longer. You can still search out older posts, but it's not available to browse. :_(

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe...c.games.vectrex

This is pretty sad. :?

I've been having problems with Google Groups the past few days. Two days ago I was trying to read the comp.sys.mac hierarchy and most of the groups were suddenly "missing". I've also had problems witih many individual threads in other groups being "missing" when trying to read them. So I wouldn't worry too much just yet, it may be that Google is just experiencing some technical problems.

..Al

Google does seem to drop groups at random though. One day I stopped being able to get rec.sports.pro-wrestling, and even though I spent an hour combing the site up and down I never found any explanation. I e-mailed a Google tech address about it and they never responded. To this day I still can't read it.

They actually responded to my email and acknowledged system problems on their end.  It looks like it was working today.

I'm impressed that they responded (they must get *tons* of email), and that they admitted a problem on their end. Good to hear they didn't drop the group.

..Al