IGNORED

Some Modern SNES Games and Demos

I just made a post with a list of some modern SNES games and demos that I thought were worth spotlighting, and I figured I'd post it here too for you guys to check out:

https://inceptionalnews.wordpress.com/2023/01/23/modern-snes-games-and-demos/

Anything to try and get some more talk going around SNES and maybe inspire a few more people to make new games for it.

Nekotako I own that one complete, wish I had Hind Strike but mentioned that before.

A lot of oddities on that list, even really old like the Kong port/clone.  That wind waker game didn't make any sense, so I let that run now as I'm working.  The music is insanely good, wow, and that water effect of it bent and moving at different speeds in the second stage is impressive.  A lot done right there, but a lot no...unless it's in development with some terribly out of place SMW audio rips, and link throwing Mario fire is dumb, that could have been done far better as it sucks away from the quality of game.  The little walking shockers you don't touch them, but in this game they're goomba fodder, very weird.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Nekotako I own that one complete, wish I had Hind Strike but mentioned that before.

A lot of oddities on that list, even really old like the Kong port/clone.  That wind waker game didn't make any sense, so I let that run now as I'm working.  The music is insanely good, wow, and that water effect of it bent and moving at different speeds in the second stage is impressive.  A lot done right there, but a lot no...unless it's in development with some terribly out of place SMW audio rips, and link throwing Mario fire is dumb, that could have been done far better as it sucks away from the quality of game.  The little walking shockers you don't touch them, but in this game they're goomba fodder, very weird.

Yeah, I think that Wind Waker game is a Super Mario World ROM hack, but I figure it's a big enough change from the source as to count as its own thing at this point.