IGNORED

Just sayin' Hello... bromosel.99er.net

Bromosel

Hi,

I am the Bromosel from the bromosel.99er.net website and my name is Dirk.

Back in 1999 when I started this website I was aged 29. The emulating stuff was quite new at that time. The best emulator at that time for the 99er was V9T9. Well, 16bit.

I had some free time and I was thinking about placing a private website to publish old software stuff for V9t9.

Around that time there were many startups around offering free webspace and free domains. So the first 'Bromosel'-site was www.Bromosel.de.

From then on I settled the content from free provider to free provider. (lycos, bplaced etc.)

That's the reason why older links target to NOTHING.

Back in ...uuuuhhhh... 2016 the webmaster of 99er.net offered me free lifetime webspace on his 99er.net.

From then on my site is placed there.

Ok, that's me for now...

Cheers,

Dirk

Edited by Bromosel
  • Like 11

Hi,

thanks for the warm welcome. 🙂

Just wanted to add JS99er to the top of my site (beside V9t9 and MESS), but I need a new password for my account. I've posted RichP on 99er.net in the forum but he didn't answer until now. Maybe here at this Atariage forum is someone who knows something about Rich and 99.net and maybe send him a notice. I remember Tursi very well from the 99er.net in former times.

If he -Tursi - looks in here: I do have a problem loading the DSK-files from my site into Classic99. The same DSK files load fine into JS99 and V9t9.

For example: After loading and running a file from DSK Classic99 interpreter says: BAD VALUE IN 220. Typing LIST 220 shows something like that: 220 2930,1,33445,244

Cheers,

Dirk

PS: Und danke an Ksarul für die nette Begrüssung auf Deutsch. Da fühlt man sich ja fast wie zuhause. ;-)

Edited by Bromosel
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bromosel said:

If he -Tursi - looks in here: I do have a problem loading the DSK-files from my site into Classic99. The same DSK files load fine into JS99 and V9t9.

For example: After loading and running a file from DSK Classic99 interpreter says: BAD VALUE IN 220. Typing LIST 220 shows something like that: 220 2930,1,33445,244

Welcome aboard, Dirk!

It would help troubleshooting to post the listing of the program that gave you the error message. I am sure @Tursi will be by ere long.

...lee

• Like 1

Hi,

I think the problem is the naming of the files in the TI-Revue related DSK-Files. There I use the appendix '_XB' to identify them as XB-programs. My loader "LOAD" uses the the '_XB' to load them and thats inside the BASIC-Code too.

The picture shows the problem: using TIREV184.DSK on the emulators Classic99, V9T9(running in DOSBOX), JS99'er.

OLD DSK1.LOAD

LIST 500-

classic99_prob.thumb.jpg.468d9747ccc89463c3c0f386399dd046.jpg

I will work on this until I fixed it. Then I will replace the problems on my site. Just waiting for a new FTP password by RichP.

First I have to reload my brain with stuff I did 20 years ago... 😉

Bringing all the memories back is a lot of work.

Cheers,

Dirk

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bromosel said:

As always, the first step is to look at the debug log and see if Classic99 had any trouble parsing the disk image. I don't use dsk images so they only get any attention when people bring issues to me, which is rare. ;)

It doesn't do anything fancy. It doesn't care if the files are XB or not. If I had to guess I'd suspect a bug with fragmentation, but I need the log, the disk image, and the steps to reproduce. ;)

• Like 1

I found your site and the disk... it works correctly here:

image.thumb.png.b19ed9ffa95f7878a90d9e5f2eff57ba.png

I can see from your screenshot that you are running a very old version of Classic99 - it has displayed the version number in the title bar for a couple of years now. I recommend you grab the latest version and try again: http://harmlesslion.com/software/classic99

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Retrospect said:

Can this error occur , if for example, these disk images are quite old and someone at some point simply renamed a .TIDISK image used by Win994a  to .DSK?

I suppose not, but then anything is possible?

No, there's no difference between those two formats. I renamed quite a number myself. ;)

• Like 2