IGNORED

Unfinished/unreleased SNES games that finally got released in modern times

Does anyone know of any old once-unfinished/unreleased SNES games that finally saw a release in recent times?

So far, I can think of Socks the Cat Rocks the Hill and Nightmare Busters as two examples:

Any more like that would be appreciated. And maybe not games that were already released in one region then were finally released now in another one, but rather games that genuinely never got released on SNES at all until now.

Edited by Kirk_Johnston
  • Like 1

Dorke & Ymp, Piko INteractive finally released it some years back.  The game was under development and if I remember right, the creator had it canceled on him, then he died.  Piko got the source and what worked in a sale, got permission to take what it was, the design docs, and make things happen.  In the end with a smart coder who works for him, the game was fully finished and then retailed on the after market.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Dorke & Ymp, Piko INteractive finally released it some years back.  The game was under development and if I remember right, the creator had it canceled on him, then he died.  Piko got the source and what worked in a sale, got permission to take what it was, the design docs, and make things happen.  In the end with a smart coder who works for him, the game was fully finished and then retailed on the after market.

Cool. Another one to add to my list.

12 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Well,

Not completed (Yet),

But (I'm a backer with a LTD Edition Blue cart coming IIRC,...) I've been waiting 8 years or so, on this one:

Justice Beaver

While it does seem a bit excessive,  I am OK with waiting if the game turns out to be very good.  Here's hoping!

Cool, yeah, I've already added that one to my list. :)

https://inceptionalnews.wordpress.com/2023/01/23/modern-snes-games-and-demos/

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 3:50 PM, Kirk_Johnston said:

That's a bit of a strange one, because you can't officially play it anywhere other than the SNES Classic Mini...

It's also playable on Nintendo Switch, if you have the Nintendo Switch Online service.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jvgs said:

It's also playable on Nintendo Switch, if you have the Nintendo Switch Online service.

Didn't actually know about this.

Obviously knew it can be duped and put on a flash cart and so on though.

Would actually be cool if Nintendo released it as a proper physical SNES game playable on the original console, just as some kind of collector's edition or whatever.

But, hey, Nintendo . . .

Magical Drop had like 2 or 3 of them released on the Super Famicom in Japan, and yeah one was added to switch online.  One of them has become a bit more expensive but the other is a pretty cheap grab especially as a game cart only pick up.  Stupid it never came overseas really but barely, NGPC had one, but GBC got a US released title too that only works on the revised handheld (not a hybrid.)  They cut a lot of the style out of it far as modes go so it gets boring pretty fast (I had it, sold it.)  Really better off just importing Money Idol Exchanger for SuperGB or grabbing one of those Bust a Move titles instead on the handheld.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

Can you play this on an actual SNES though, either on a real cartridge or flash cart if necessary, because I'm basically composing a list of new and/or previously unfinished/unreleased games that have seen a release for the SNES in modern times.

The official English localization that was done back in the day and never released before Switch Online, has been dumped. It's a SNES game so it of course works on real hardware (I've played it via the Super Nt's jailbreak feature).

Not a big deal I suppose with the excellent Aeon Genesis fan translation available (and being quite accessible even in unlocalized Japanese form), but cool none the less. It's probably the first and last time that we'll learn about a previously unknown Super Nintendo release that was fully finished back in the day, by seeing it belatedly released in an official manner.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 2