IGNORED

Vintage Gaming Photographs...

• 2 weeks later...

Youtube processes the videos with compression. Youtube is primarily a video medium. There are too many distractions there with like and subscribe. Hit the bell for notifications and don't forget to comment. Not easy to save to local HDD and blow up the image in photoshop. And more..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I refused to look when that popped up, I just see it as clickbait fishing, then you get hit with what Keatah said so it's just obnoxious.

If you're not going to pop in here, write something, give at least a picture or two to start to have a DISCUSSION on a DISCUSSION FORUM, your lack of care to spend the time gives me the lack of care to waste mine on you other than to ignore it or snark on you for posting clickbait like he did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sadly, the forum is becoming infested with people shilling their or other youtube channels, just popping in with a link, never to come back.  Nothing is more frustrating than to see an interesting topic, click on it, and just see a link to a video.

I've raged about this before here, but between Discord and social media, I believe that forums are on their last legs.  But forums are worth keeping alive because they are the best way to accumulate real history on specific topics over many years.  How amazing is it that we can go back years and years to read in detail how some homebrew game came to be here?  How cool is it that you can sort AA by # of replies, and read conversations between fellow video game nuts, from a decade ago or more?

Unfortunately, these youtube shilling topics will kill a forum if left to fester.  No one wants to interact with youtube links, because all you can say is "nice video" or complain like me.  The OP never comes back to interact, so what's the point?  Eventually, people will just stop checking the forums, because it's just gonna be a bunch of people shilling their channels.

I apologize for going off on the OP, because he does post stuff outside of his channel.  But still, don't just create a topic only to post a link to your video.  At least write something to get the conversation started.

Edited by newtmonkey
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Damn right, happens over on gaming large social media pages too.  There are enough simps that are fine with it and try and defend it, but there are those like me who actively tear into people for it.  It's always the same indignant commentary of whining how if you don't like it, don't comment, don't like it, don't watch it.  They're too dumb or too selfish(the supplier) to realize not everyone wants to watch a video, not everyone can run a video wherever they are either, and some people just prefer some text and maybe a few pretty pictures to make the point a lot better and faster.  Douchebags like these are just parasites and no I'm not lumping op into this for what newt there said, they do post and not just click links to videos.

I tend to go, hey if you want a comment I'd love to give you one, once you take the actual effort to summarize the video and give an image just so we have an idea if we want to watch it and what we're getting into.  And doing this also allows discussion for those without the time or ability at that point to sit through a video.  I'll say something along those lines, not nasty, just not friendly either as blunt is all that deserves.

Personally if I ran a forum I'd ban video only posts, I'd require a minimum of a few sentences of summary of the high level points and a picture, not just a thumbnail youtube randomly chooses.  Doing videos kills discussion and leeches off members who are fed up with it, or who will comment the video instead of here pulling another post away from a media format struggling against instant gratification land of social media.

• Like 1