IGNORED

How to make a commandline processor in Action! ?

ok, what did you make? Can we see it? Is it going to be expanded/enhanced? Just a simple quick thing you wanted?

what commands does it process/provide? Some information is always good, explanation and Examples are helpful. Sounds like you may have accomplished your goal, which is great, but it'd be nice to know or see it.

5 hours ago, TXG/MNX said:

Hi,

I am playing around with Action! I would like to have a little commandprocessor are there any examples how to do this?

it works, I opened my own E: handler channel and wrote my own commandline util.

Depends on what you mean. If you mean like windows CMD or any of the existing command processors for atari DOS, then yes there's some examples. If you mean something else, let us know.
Usually a command processor does these things: 
1. Allows you to type the name of a program and run it, also handling any command line parameters.
2. Allows you to do things with files - delete, copy, etc.
3. Allows you store named sequences of commands, which can be run as a batch

4. Allows you to change operational environment - presence/absence of certain drivers, memory setups, etc.

A far as examples, I'd look to the source code of other Atari command line interpreters - Sparta, RealDos, etc.

In my Fuji-AI, I just define a string and get the input from the user with InputS. Then I convert it, send it to the server, wait for the answer and print it.

BYTE ARRAY question(256)
Print(">")
InputS(question)

20230115_174714.jpg.6ad03a3b3302f5f7ee46a80f1b0f4bb2.thumb.jpg.ee11a655b708e1a1e9d8fea2243c6d24.jpg

Edited by MichaG

2 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

ok, what did you make? Can we see it? Is it going to be expanded/enhanced? Just a simple quick thing you wanted?

what commands does it process/provide? Some information is always good, explanation and Examples are helpful. Sounds like you may have accomplished your goal, which is great, but it'd be nice to know or see it.

Hi,

The cmdline will be a program that has its own command I don't touch the underlying dos. I do use the E: handler so it can use other E: handlers if someone prefers like faster E: handlers or 80 column.

Its just to early to release a demo but I will. right now one command is supported now I am going to expand to have more commands and parameters.

• Like 1