IGNORED

Help Wanted: Need Raw Gameplay Videos of new AtariAge 2600 Games

Albert

Greetings!

As some of you may know, I recently added a whole slew of new 2600 games to the AtariAge Store.  Usually we try to have gameplay videos uploaded to YouTube for all the new games before they hit the store, but that didn't happen this year, and I didn't want to delay the games any further.  I also don't have videos for the games released at 2021, so I'm looking to catch up on these games and create videos for all of them.

To that end, I am looking for some help to create gameplay videos.  These videos should show a variety of gameplay, encompassing multiple levels of the game (if they exist) and any unique gameplay options/features the game may have.  You will the send the raw gameplay video to me, and we can edit the videos down to 3-5 minutes, add the short AtariAge promo at the end, then upload them to YouTube.  Nathan Strum has offered to edit the videos (as he's done in the past) once we have the raw gameplay footage.

Videos should be recorded in Stella with all effects turned off (phosphor effects, scan lines, bilinear/trilinear filtering, etc.). When recording the videos, please be sure you are recording them at 60fps versus 30fps.  This helps ensure they will look good when uploaded to YouTube, especially for games that have flickering.  For the codec, ProRes 422HQ is preferred, the higher quality/bit rate, the better. H.264 or H.265 is also fine, as long as the bit rate is basically maxed out. Other codecs will also work, but those are the preferred codecs. 

Here's a list of the games I need help with:

• Blocks
  • Doggone It!
  • Escape From The Castle
  • Game of the Bear
  • Grizzards
  • Hellway
  • Lady Bug Arcade
  • Mr. Yo-Yo
  • Oozy the Goo Slime Quest
  • RAPTOR
  • RobotWar:2684
  • rubyQ
  • Soul of the Beast
  • Stratovox
  • Unholy
  • VROOM!

I also need gameplay video of two 5200 games:

• Intellidiscs
  • Rob 'n' Banks

I'm glad to compensate those who help create these videos (as long as they meet the above criteria).  If you're interested, please let me know! 

Thank you,

..Al

2 hours ago, Big Doggy Dog said:

Who do we send the videos to? Looks like I can attach files here, so… Also, some of games that I bought won’t worki on Retron 77, and I don’t have all of the ROMs to play in Stella. Suggestions?

You can send videos directly to me.  I'd record an initial video first, and send it to me so I can review it.  Also, you may want to ask me first before you spend significant time recording videos, to make sure I don't already have video(s) for specific games.  

I have some additional information as far as recording higher-quality videos goes: 

When recording the videos, please be sure you are recording them at 60fps versus 30fps.  This helps ensure they will look good when uploaded to YouTube.  For the codec, ProRes 422HQ is preferred, the higher quality/bit rate, the better. H.264 or H.265 is also fine, as long as the bit rate is basically maxed out. Other codecs will also work, but those are the preferred codecs. 

I'll need to check to see which games have publicly available ROM images, I should have done that initially.  I'd just focus on games where the binary is available for now. 

Thank you!

..Al

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so, who's done what so far?  Can we put a running list of what games have been captured and accepted?  I haven't had a chance to test any of this I have been down with the crud the last week and I still haven't figured out the proper codec listed.  Going to work on it this weekend but also don't want to duplicate what already have been done.