IGNORED

Controller Converter / Adaptor for Emulated Intellivision?

Rickster8

Is there a product available (like the D9 for the Atari 2600) that enables you to play with Flashback controllers using emulation (PC) for the Intellivision? In other words, with the Atari 2600 using Stella 6.0, the D9 adaptor makes it possible to play Emulated Atari on the PC using either a joystick, trak ball or Atari Mouse controller. The wire has a USB end on one side and a D9 port on the other side that the D9 adaptor fits into. Then the other side of the D9 adaptor has a 9 pin male side which the controllers fit into for gameplay. The D9 adaptor for the Atari 2600 has different pin settings on it which need to be changed based upon the controller being used.

Is there the same capability out there for Emulated Intellivision so a 9 pin Flashback controller can be used instead of the keyboard? This would be HUGE if it exists.... 

If this does exist then I'm guessing even though the Flashback controllers would fit (9 pin), they would need to be re-programmed, meaning re-soddered so the wiring was correct, yes? 🤷‍♂️

Thoughts? Discussion? 😏

Again, I'm a techie dummie that's why I'm asking.... :P 

Cheers!!! 🍺

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting

24 minutes ago, mthompson said:

Yeah I've used the first link for my Atari 2600. I have a few of the D9's they work great. I will look into the 2nd link you listed. Looks awesome...

Next question. What links are there for Emulated Intellivision on the PC? What is the name of the program? Meaning for Atari 2600, the name is Stella 6.0. 

Edited by Rickster8
Wording

The D9 you have should support Intellivision controllers including Intellivision flashback controllers.  Set the switches to autosense and follow the instructions at the link below.

http://www.2600-daptor.com/2600-daptor D9.htm

Edit:

The most popular Intellivision emulator for Windows is Jzintv, same emulator used in Retropie.  I also use MAME to emulate Intellivision as it also emulates a gazillion other systems and arcade machines.

Edited by mr_me

12 minutes ago, mr_me said:

The D9 you have should support Intellivision controllers including Intellivision flashback controllers.  Set the switches to autosense and follow the instructions at the link below.

Edit:

The most popular Intellivision emulator for Windows is Jzintv, same emulator used in Retropie.  I also use MAME to emulate Intellivision as it also emulates a gazillion other systems and arcade machines.

Do you have a link for 'Jzintv'? 

The link at the official site works fine.  You should have the .zip file in your download folder.  What error are you getting? Jzintv doesn't have a setup, you simply extract the .zip contents to your hard drive.  Next step is to find exec.bin and grom.bin files and place copies in the "rom" subfolder.

Edited by mr_me

2 hours ago, mthompson said:

The 2nd site says 'out of stock' due to chip shortage. Do you think that's for the Intellivision / Colecovision or BOTH? 🤷‍♂️

18 minutes ago, mr_me said:

The same adapter supports the different controllers.

The site shows two of them, one for Intellivision and one for Colecovision. The 2nd one doesn't mention Intellivision in the write up..... 🤷‍♂️

However, I'm assuming you mean the chip shortage is for both? I don't suppose this chip shortage is ending anytime soon? 🙄

Edited by Rickster8
Wording

8 minutes ago, mr_me said:

There's an older v2 and a newer v3, they both support Intellivision controllers.  The v2 is available, other than supporting ecs keyboards, they're very similar to your d9 

Yeah I'm gonna try my D9 adaptor out tonight using a flashback controller.... I was just told how to do it. You gonna play Blockade Runner? 👍

On 1/30/2023 at 10:47 AM, mr_me said:

Edit:

Sent you an IM.... 👍