IGNORED

New update for Forem XE Professional (originally restored by AMIS)

This new update combines TEXT PRO in the same ATR file as the Forem XE Pro files, I used Amis' original update from 2022 , all credit goes to him for that , and although I added some code and batch files to customize Forem XEP , I have yet to add some more interesting features to the BBS. One of the features that I would like to add to the BBS program would be hot keys on all of the menus, that should not be too hard to program.

Another feature that was re-added to FXEP was the proper setup of the Birthday announcement section, let me explain the structure from the original FXEP program, each month in the Birthday sub-directory has to have a number from 1 to 12 appended to it, and each day in each Month has to have the correct number of Day subdirectories with a number from 1 to 31 (adjusted for each month). 

My batch file does all of that , it is called SETUP2.BAT and is in the \TEXTEDIT\BATCH> folder if you want to edit it , and in the \BATCH\ folder if you want to just copy it to the main root directory as a startup.bat file.

Thee is another file called restore.bat  , that removes all added sub-directories that have been added.

The files directories data disk has been improved as well in the batch file (setup2.bat).

the following directories have been added to each data disk:

apps

basic

bbs

comms

demos

docs

educate

games

graphics

language

midi

music

programm

textdocs

utility

That should be waht was added , I have to make sure that the ATR is completely updated , and that all passwords have been removed from that atr, all text files with inverse video have to be added to the backup ATR that I am using , you basically have to create 7 ATRs thta are Spartados, and make them custom, 65535 sectors each.

Once I have done that I will upload the file that I am using , I have had 15 successful calls last night on spynet.ddns.net, port 1986, ports 1987 and 1988 will be added this afternoon, ports 1986 and 1987 are being run on two seperate Altirra machines and port 1988 is running on real hardware with a fujinet.

Russ

• 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 1/21/2024 at 1:54 PM, Iommi said:

This sounds great! Where can I find the .atr files for this?

Although I haver not worked on this for a while I can make them available on my FTP and BBS servers, spynet.ddns.net port 23 telnet, ports 21 and 89 FTP. 

Russ