IGNORED

Atari Jaguar Rotary Controller Boxes

Machine

I remember lotsa stuff shipping third and fourth class. Maybe that was just for bulk shippers. Nowadaze, shipping Priority seems necessary so jackholes don't claim to have not received package.

But anyhoo, I'll pause from yelling at cloud to say 5 bucks shipping won't stop me from getting another eye candy to clutter my arcade hole.

Edited by Editorb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Machine said:

Price is gonna be around $12 each. Shipping is what might stop this project. Looking at USPS, priority is $17. 

Seeing the price for just a normal controller($40 or more), wish I would have bought more back when they were half that.

I’ll still take one. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Editorb said:

I remember lotsa stuff shipping third and fourth class. Maybe that was just for bulk shippers. Nowadaze, shipping Priority seems necessary so jackholes don't claim to have not received package.

But anyhoo, I'll pause from yelling at cloud to say 5 bucks shipping won't stop me from getting another eye candy to clutter my arcade hole.

Shipping 1st class is $13. No insurance but has tracking. That would require me to get boxes, which adds time and money so it goes back to $17 priority is really the only way it makes sense for me.

I have wanted to get these printed for years, if I can get at least a dozen sold, I'll eat the cost on the rest.

• Like 1

The box would cost $12 (maybe $13). Priority Shipping is $17

So it would be about $30 shipped for one box.

If someone wanted two boxes, I could probably add another box for $12.

So $42 shipped for 2 boxes in the USA. 

These are rough numbers, but I should be within +/- $1 or so.

Box size is 7"x7"x3" with a tuck in flap at bottom.

I can not control shipping costs, it is what it is. USPS has gotten expensive over the last 5-6 years.

If someone wants to order a bunch(lets says over 5) I can check into shipping them flat. Just PM me and I am sure we can work it out.

41 minutes ago, sirlynxalot said:

If the boxes could be folded flat, they could probably fit in a large envelope. Might save a bit on shipping cost, particularly for orders of multiples.

It would be at least 25"x14". I plan on checking with our PO, but I am guessing it will be about the same as first class. Back to the problem of no insurance & I need to buy boxes and only a few bucks difference.

I'm sure you've thought of it and have a better idea of whether this would work with the boxes, but just in case we're speaking past each other, I'm not talking about having all 6 sides of the box unfolded and flat out, it would be more like you have the box together like a cube, then unfold the top and bottom so they are not adding to the rigidity of the box anymore. Then push the front towards the back as if you are flattening a parallelogram. So looking at the picture, if it represents a top or bottom view of the box, eventually you would have a side composed of points ADC that would be relatively flat on top of a side composed of points ABC.

Problems on Parallelogram | Adjacent Angles of a Parallelogram | Math ...

3 hours ago, sirlynxalot said:

I'm sure you've thought of it and have a better idea of whether this would work with the boxes, but just in case we're speaking past each other, I'm not talking about having all 6 sides of the box unfolded and flat out, it would be more like you have the box together like a cube, then unfold the top and bottom so they are not adding to the rigidity of the box anymore. Then push the front towards the back as if you are flattening a parallelogram. So looking at the picture, if it represents a top or bottom view of the box, eventually you would have a side composed of points ADC that would be relatively flat on top of a side composed of points ABC.

Problems on Parallelogram | Adjacent Angles of a Parallelogram | Math ...

They make them on one large sheet. If you fold them more that a 45 degree angle, the crease will start to tear or crack.   The box before folding looks like a giant cross shape. There is no good way to fold it all the way over without getting giant creases. 

I went ahead and ordered these. They are going to be $13 each, plus what ever shipping turn out to be. I will try to fold these like SirLynx suggested. If that works out, I can ship flat. If not, priority shipping.

I ordered small. I do  not see me reordering so fingers crossed....

I will announce in here once I have them in hand and have figured out shipping. First come, so watch thread. Thanks everyone for your interest and support.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cubanismo said:

What you need to do is partner with someone selling rotary controllers to ship them in these boxes. *Then* I'd go in for some $17 flat-rate shipping on a, say, $70-80 controller + box 😁

So at $70-80, I definitely would be losing money.

I did make rotary controllers in the past when the controller was $20. Now with controllers over double that you would need to sell them at $150.

Everything has doubled in the last few years. Just the rotary knobs are closer to $20 (with atari) label.

You start pricing everything out, things add up fast. Plus the time to make a rotary is not quick.

Edited by Machine
  • Like 1