IGNORED

Copying roms from thumb drive to Ultimate Flashback?

Rickster8

Hi, when copying roms over from thumb drive to Ultimate Flashback do I copy over all folders included or just the .rom or .bin file? I would assume everything because of box art etc? Otherwise if I just copy over the .rom file there will be no box art on the Ultimate Flashback correct? 

Please advise. 

Thanks,

PS - Sorry techie dummy here, but I'm TRYING.... :P 

Edited by Rickster8
Wording

So I went ahead and copied all the folders for Upmonsters and the rom works on my Ultimate Flashback, but the setup (MENU) is a little messy now. I have multiple folders on the menu for Upmonsters and the name is wrong in the menu so the next question is how do I go into the Ultimate Flashback and fix this so it looks like the other roms in the menu screen? 🤷‍♂️

Also, there is no box art so does this mean I only need to copy over the .bin file (or .rom file) and the .cfg file and nothing else??? 

And how do I put the box art on there now? 

Edited by Rickster8
Wording

I tried to copy Blockade Runner over from thumb drive to Ultimate Flashback and it didn't even show up as added. So Upmonsters moved over fine and it was playable, although the menu screen is screwed up, but Blockade Runner didn't even copy over, again it was just the .bin file so I'm more confused then usual now.... Could use some help y'all??? 🥺

Edited by Rickster8
Wording

Blockade Runner (and Sewer Sam) don't require a .cfg when Emulated with Jzintv as they use the standard cartridge configuration. When transferring rom files using a USB stick, maybe don't include subfolders.  Copy the files to the Intellivision subfolder.  (The system might be creating collections or themes based on subfolders.)

Does anyone know if using the thumb stick transfer method also copies other files (e.g. .cfg, images) besides the Intellivision extensions it normally scans.

Edit:

Blockade Runner should work as a bin.  Maybe try renaming with an .int extension.  Even if a file requires a missing .cfg, it should still show up in the menu, just fails to run.

Edited by mr_me

Retropie, since v3, does come with a file manager called midnight commander.  There's supposed to be "file manager" in the menu.  You can also press "f4" on the keyboard to exit to the command line and type "mc".  You can use it to see what files actually got copied over.  It's an alternative to connecting with another computer by sftp or network share.

So I'm thinking I should just copy over .bin files / .rom files and .cfg files and nothing else? Not sure how I put in the box art using a thumb stick? 🤷‍♂️

I also need to know the best way to go back into the system and fix what I did lastnight? The menu screen needs fixing.... 

Edited by Rickster8
Wording