IGNORED

Well I purchased an Atari 800 computer with goodies.

ussexplorer

Well I purchased an Atari 800 computer with goodies. At this point I have not decided what I'm going to do with it. For now I figured you would like some pictures. I'm leaning towards unloading some of my other atari stuff to cover the cost. Mostly since this is a one owner system complete. Well except I found proof of a third party printer and atari modem. But no modem.

DSC06651.JPG

DSC06652.JPG

DSC06653.JPG

DSC06654.JPG

DSC06655.JPG

DSC06656.JPG

DSC06657.JPG

DSC06658.JPG

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

Nice. What is the condition of the 800 itself? (Can't see an actual picture of the "tank") :)

Like brand new with a bit of dust. It has the inserts but was fit in the television box. When I get more time. Well you know the weekend for relaxing. I'll take more pictures. You never know what is rare, or if somebody is looking for something not online. That a picture or scan helps.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vyvyan B. said:

Were these early machines assembled in the US in Sunnyvale? Are there any users here that actually worked for Atari back then? Seems like it would have been a fun gig.

I believe most 400/800 systems were manufactured in Sunnyvale, I have a later production 800 manufactured by Atari Wong/Hong Kong.

On 2/6/2023 at 9:17 AM, Allan said:

@ussexplorer  If you could copy (convert into ATRs) those non-commercial disks that would be great. A lot of the public domain stuff still needs to be preserved. For example the Seasons Greetings disks. Basicly the hand-written and dot-matrix printed labeled stuff.

Yes, Once I get some cash back into my account to purchase one of those usb SIO cables and software

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Finally got around to testing the system. No go at first but had a glimmer of light. Black screen, green screen, and beeps. Simple cleaning all the cards (they was really nasty) finally brought it back to life. All the chips on the inside is nice and clean.

They are all socket and look brand new. Unlike my Apple II plus when I got it. I'm sorry I didn't take in pictures of the hidden processor? card in the back. Only keys on the keyboard was a tad stubborn. But the more you used they they worked right out. I was not to impressed with the keyboard cable. Luckily I have had experience with that style before. So time and patience. Also cleaned up the disintegrated foam. Still not sure what I want to do with the system yet. Also I need to check but the av cable I ordered for it I think is wrong. The auction didn't say anything special. But, I'm pretty sure it is not hooked up to composite. Just a fuzzy black / white picture. Lucky the rf box worked great.

Have a good day,

Josh

@ussexplorerHiya. FYI all working stock 800 tanks work with av composite and Svideo out the box if there are no issues. You need either an Atari Din5 to composite rca jacks or Atari din5 to Svideo cable. So like you suspect it might just be your din5 cable isn't for the atari 8bit. Or the din5 jack on the 800 has issues.

Edited by Beeblebrox

The Magic Dump II cart is quite rare, I believe.  The 800 looks really nice!  Really nice system!  I'm curious who actually made the Leading Edge printer.  I don't believe they were a manufacturer -- just a private branded seller.  IIRC, David Small was associated with them BITD. (?) 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm slowly working on it. Budget needs to be recovered from the holidays. Going to do a SIO cable to usb. But, I do have a 5.1/2" pc floppy drive that is 1.2. I can use that maybe if somebody has the software? I was reading I can use a pc floppy drive.

Thanks,

Josh