IGNORED

Anyone know how to get in contact with Wave 1 Games? They've completely ghosted me

Leatherrebel5150

I hate to have to go about things like this but I don't know what else to do. I ordered a game from @WAVE 1 GAMES back in the fall the game arrived and was partially incorrect. The game was correct but the wrong colored shell was on it. I ordered Black and was sent Blue. I contacted them and everything seemed fine to make a return. They only asked me to return the cart and not the box/instructions. 

I did so and tracking shows it arrived there on Dec. 16th. Since then I have not heard anything back from @WAVE 1 GAMES. Ive messaged them twice on here (which is where my initial contact was successful and how the return was communicated) on January 10 and the 17th. Ive seen their username log in multiple times since then and have received no response. I also attempted to contact them via the email provided on their website on January 29th and have not received a response from that either.

@WAVE 1 GAMES has completely ghosted me and I'm now out $60 for the game and $10 from paying to ship the item back. 

I definitely can not recommend anyone use them at this point, based on my current experience

• Confused 1
  • Sad 6

On 2/6/2023 at 3:56 AM, mdkdue said:

Can you open a dispute with Paypal and at least get the $60 back?

Unfortunately your story will come as no surprise to most of this forum 😒

I think it’s past the time frame on a paypal dispute. The original purchase was in October. 

I have to wonder if this is not a surprise to most here, why are they not banned from the site?

• Like 2

Check with PayPal, I know they do give you quite a considerable amount of time to raise a dispute.

Jeff from Wave1 games is widely known on these forums, let’s just say his reputation amongst many is not really something he would want to shout about.

Search on here, you will find other posts from people giving feedback on their purchases from Wave1.

On 2/5/2023 at 6:05 PM, Senneman said:

OH snap.... I ordered Aircars from them. Emailed them twice about my order but no response 😕.

Let us know how that goes, I was considering ordering the same soon, but not while nobody's home. You never know, sometimes life really does happen and even work and obligations take a back seat. I've been there, it's not fun.

I decided to start checking out  @WAVE 1 GAMES recently, so I ordered JagZombies 2. I haven't heard anything except for the automatic order confirmation, hope everything goes well with this order?

I have until end of July on the buyers protection at PayPal, so I will give it a while (maybe not all the way to the summer?) They might be busy shipping a lot of orders or something 🤔

I will let you know when I get it 😌

Edited by phoboz
  • Haha 2

When I ordered my Aircars I heard nothing for two weeks. It was only when I emailed chasing and threatened to issue a PayPal claim did I get a response, it then shipped another week later.

Be warned though, I wish I hadn’t bothered. The quality is absolutely terrible, cheap black and white instructions stapled together wonky (website says they are glossy colour which is a complete lie), the box is total garbage, flimsy cardboard and looks like it was printed on a cheap ass home printer. All the graphics are squashed and janky too….really really appalling, I can’t stress how bad. A farce really that he can sell them like this.

Cart label was badly printed with a stretched logo too.

And oh yes, the box protector is the cheapest crap ever, way too flimsy.

Basically there is nothing good about their products.

Edited by mdkdue
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, mdkdue said:

... cheap black and white instructions stapled together wonky (website says they are glossy colour which is a complete lie) ...

It actually states manual is 16-page color, and the box is "high quality glossy." So, a few mischaracterizations in item description, but at least manual was not described as glossy. It also purports to ship with plastic box protector, which mine lacked. On other foot, they are Still Breathing Life into Your Retro Gaming Console™.

Huh. This version of game also has "debri."

image.thumb.png.17669cba19ce7e57c78749f19663bd21.png

4 hours ago, Zerosquare said:

@mdkdue : basically, you're saying Wave 1 Games promised this:

burger-hawai-1-800x600.thumb.jpg.fe5b889935804fc96eba25ae09e18f53.jpg

but delivered this:

ds.thumb.jpg.862456ba28ad568316ff7b4eb50176ad.jpg

?

Yeah, must be a one-time fluke. I mean, it's not like it had happened before with his products. Not once, and definitely not ten times. /s

Let me make this a little more accurate. 

• Haha 3

On 2/11/2023 at 4:41 AM, mdkdue said:

Be warned though, I wish I hadn’t bothered. The quality is absolutely terrible, cheap black and white instructions stapled together wonky (website says they are glossy colour which is a complete lie), the box is total garbage, flimsy cardboard and looks like it was printed on a cheap ass home printer. All the graphics are squashed and janky too….really really appalling, I can’t stress how bad. A farce really that he can sell them like this.

If only there were some indicators of the quality of Wave 1 Games releases, like maybe countless threads on here or YouTube videos. To be fair he does have this high resolution photo on his website of exactly what a customer will receive.

Screen Shot 2023-02-12 at 4.11.41 PM.png

• Haha 7

On 2/11/2023 at 5:41 AM, mdkdue said:

When I ordered my Aircars I heard nothing for two weeks. It was only when I emailed chasing and threatened to issue a PayPal claim did I get a response, it then shipped another week later.

At the very least it's a cartridge containing the game. I'm fairly savvy with Photoshop and box / label / manual production myself. In fact, I already have an Aircars box template that I put together that looks more in line with a standard release. So I'd more than likely just utilize the cart and make my own packaging for it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, madman said:

If only there were some indicators of the quality of Wave 1 Games releases, like maybe countless threads on here or YouTube videos.

I feel compelled to buy virtually every physical Jaguar and Jaguar CD release, yet I have never once considered buying any of the Wave 1 releases.  That says something!

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Warmsignal said:

At the very least it's a cartridge containing the game. I'm fairly savvy with Photoshop and box / label / manual production myself. In fact, I already have an Aircars box template that I put together that looks more in line with a standard release. So I'd more than likely just utilize the cart and make my own packaging for it.

Oh yeah 100%, this is exactly what i did. I also sent it to Jeff and recommend he use it instead, i told him i was pretty sure his customers would prefer it to the version he was using.

His reply was that the KA logo was wrong!!. I pointed out to him that NO, his one was wrong and mine was correct and sent him the evidence, he did then come back and say 'oh yes , i stand corrected!'. Whether he will actually use it or not who knows.

Here it is if anyone wants to use it.

Aircars_Final_New.png

Edited by mdkdue
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/11/2023 at 8:13 AM, Zerosquare said:

@mdkdue but delivered this:

cheeburger-cheeburger.thumb.jpg.ea913b934d6cb8988a589e86538ebf52.jpg

I dunno - that second burger looks like you could actually eat it if you were starving...

I will say I bought a copy of Fast Food 64 years ago, and I didn't completely hate it.  I think the problem is that Jeff starts a game, thinks "eh, good enough" and starts selling it far too soon.  There are the bones of a game buried in FF64, and if Jeff had taken his time, and delayed release while taking input from testers, it could have been halfways decent.  

Instead we got a blob of raw hamburger stuck between two pieces of Wonder Bread.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 3:36 AM, mdkdue said:

Oh yeah 100%, this is exactly what i did. I also sent it to Jeff and recommend he use it instead, i told him i was pretty sure his customers would prefer it to the version he was using.

His reply was that the KA logo was wrong!!. I pointed out to him that NO, his one was wrong and mine was correct and sent him the evidence, he did then come back and say 'oh yes , i stand corrected!'. Whether he will actually use it or not who knows.

Here it is if anyone wants to use it.

Aircars_Final_New.png

That KA logo looks exactly like the old kids to adults esrb rating on video games!image.png.8793d8db75821d242896f164481ac5ea.png