IGNORED

Did I ever upload Girl's Garden source code?

Bruce Tomlin

I am not trying to defend Coleco but on youtube there is a guy who is having, or had, a lot of trouble with the Z80 and the interrupt using the TMS9918 series.

BTW, This is not me.  I follow anyone on Youtube to gain experience using Assembly in any form as well as many chips I can stand.

https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnsBasement/featured

So, look through his stuff if you want to gain insight on how all of this works.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

You certainly didn't understand my remark. You don't put the VDP interrupt on a NON-MASKABLE interrupt pin because it isn't re-entrant. If you read the status register between writing the two bytes of a VRAM address, it breaks.

My code shows the crazy workaround I had to do to port code that wasn't affected by that particular hardware brain damage.

5 hours ago, Bruce Tomlin said:

You certainly didn't understand my remark. You don't put the VDP interrupt on a NON-MASKABLE interrupt pin because it isn't re-entrant. If you read the status register between writing the two bytes of a VRAM address, it breaks.

My code shows the crazy workaround I had to do to port code that wasn't affected by that particular hardware brain damage.

OK, no problem.

• 9 months later...