IGNORED

Themes broken?

DrVenkman

I'm getting this error for every forum section I try to enter.

image.thumb.png.ba0d55e04a1bd044a81c1878a53fa4b5.png

I get the same error for the Deflection (Dark) theme. 

I can see the main forum overview (forums.atariage.com) but clicking into anything gives me the error above.

The only one that seems to work for me is the Dimensions IPS theme. I'm on the latest version of Chrome. On Safari on my iPad Pro, the AtariAge theme is working.

That's strange, I'm not seeing that with any of the themes, and I just tested this in Safari, Firefox, and Chrome.  Can you try clearing your browser cache?  Could be some bad cached Javascript or some other data stored locally that's causing an issue.  I haven't had any other reports of this, and since it appears to very much break the forum, I'm sure people would be saying something if they were seeing that. 

..Al

It does work on MS Edge (which is based on Chromium so I really have to wonder why my desktop Chrome is acting weird). I don't have any weird extensions installed or anything.

Oh well. I'll investigate further on my end - clearly not a widespread site issue. 

9 minutes ago, Albert said:

Let me do some digging on my end as well. 

..Al

Don't sweat it, Al. 

I dug back into Chrome and realized I'd only cleared cookies and content for the preceding 24 hours. I did it again "for all time" and things are working fine again. 

Looks like a third-party application I enabled earlier today is causing the issue, and it wasn't just you it was affecting, but I don't know why it's only affecting some people.  I will have to look further into it tomorrow, and also ask the application author if he has any ideas as to why that would be breaking the forum. 

Please let me know if everything is working properly for you again. 

It's always something. 

..Al