IGNORED

Tarzan Cartridge

garetjax

My first thought is that this was a mock-up for marketing purposes, but it would be easier to just use an empty shell instead.

A limited amount of information, including the manual, is available, but the game itself has never been found:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-tarzan_20495.html

What game is this -- the Coleco version of Tarzan?

2 hours ago, garetjax said:

I have a Tarzan Cartridge that says it i s for the 2600 but it is actually in a Coleco Cartridge  . i cant find any info on this any help would be appriciated.

thanks

img078.thumb.jpg.8a98ca8dc31c0f70052b2344599bc5b0.jpg

Hey there…be sure to visually verify and check the edge connector off the board on the inside. (verify it is indeed a ColecoVision board inside and not an Atari 2600 board)

Failing that, yes, it is most likely just the ColecoVision version, but that sticker needs a really nice scan for the database. (end label as well)

Oh, and if it’s for sale, I’m VERY interested. 🙂

I tried this and i get a screen that says Coleco  Presents from  out of the jungle but nothing after that . It probably needs to be   taken apart and given a good cleaning but i think i need to find someone more qualified  expert

Edited by garetjax
  • Like 1

Kennybrooks i don't remember were i found this i was going trough stuff  i bought years ago .  But i live about 17 miles form the old Coleco factory in Amsterdam ny . Alot of my friends worked there and i worked for a factory that made

the styrofoam packing

Edited by garetjax

22 minutes ago, garetjax said:

I tried this and i get a screen that says Coleco  Presents from  out of the jungle but nothing after that . It probably needs to be   taken apart and given a good cleaning but i think i need to find someone more qualified  expert

Can you please post a picture of this? Would be fabulous 😊

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, garetjax said:

Did you test it in a 2600 or a Colecovision?

Mitch

3 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Did you test it in a 2600 or a Colecovision?

Mitch

I would guess CV. The shell looks like a CV shell and as such wouldn't fit in a 2600 unless he took the PCB out of the shell. And his "screen" description sounds like a CV title screen because none of their 2600 ports really had Title screens. But I guess we shall see. 

Thanks so much. The orientation on the end of the label confirms it as an Atari 2600 label.

Clearly a factory mismatch, but what makes it so crazy is, of course,  the fact that 2600 Tarzan never made it into production.

And we found the manual for 2600 Tarzan awhile back as well, so this just adds even more evidence that 2600 Tarzan was most likely a finished game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Supergun said:

Thanks so much. The orientation on the end of the label confirms it as an Atari 2600 label.

Clearly a factory mismatch, but what makes it so crazy is, of course,  the fact that 2600 Tarzan never made it into production.

And we found the manual for 2600 Tarzan awhile back as well, so this just adds even more evidence that 2600 Tarzan was most likely a finished game.

This is really cool. 

Maybe some will finally stumble across the cart and we will finally get a dump. 

2 hours ago, Psionic said:

Actually, it already may have but no one seems to have noticed.  I responded to that post asking for more info but received no response.

Wait…what…

damn, somebody really dropped the ball around here. I mean, how the hell did this go unnoticed and worse, completely undocumented?

do you at least remember how many pics were provided and what they showed?

Edited by Supergun