IGNORED

Morg Blaster Cartridge

Retrospect

34 minutes ago, oddemann said:

Advice, do not make so huge jumps from level to the next. More like 10 more pr. lvl or something... You know let the customers get a "high" from getting to the next level and, the more lvl., the more hooked 😛 hehehehe

I get ya.  If you choose option 1 at the title screen, you'll have 25 Morgs to kill in each stage.  Only when you've done the three stages does this increase.  Granted, it increases by 25 morgs, so you'll have 50 morgs to kill after the 3rd stage.  I like my games to represent a challenge.  Have you tried option 3 "insane" yet?  :)

• Like 1

MORG BLASTER 2 amended.zip << Amended game.
New things;
* Game only adds 10 extra Morgs to kill, each time you get past stage 3
* Improved explosion sequence for Morgs that uses less CPU time 
* Game summary at game over, shows how many bullets fired, how many Morgs killed in total, how many times you were killed by Lasers.

@oddemann Thanks for the suggestion, it's been put into this amended game.  ;)

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Retrospect said:

I get ya.  If you choose option 1 at the title screen, you'll have 25 Morgs to kill in each stage.  Only when you've done the three stages does this increase.  Granted, it increases by 25 morgs, so you'll have 50 morgs to kill after the 3rd stage.  I like my games to represent a challenge.  Have you tried option 3 "insane" yet?  :)

Insane.... is INSANE!!! But I love the game! It is fast paced and cool. But I will "struggle" with beginner 😛 hehehe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Once @Retrospect has everything ironed out and feature-complete, I think this makes an excellent monthly high score competition candidate.

It's done, go for it. Just ensure to use the latest amended version which is posted to the 1st post of this thread as well as post number .... oh wait, someone got rid of the post numbers!

Actually there IS one slight bug ... but it's not something I'm overly concerned about and have no intention of fixing it as I got rid of the source file.  

When you play and you get your first high score , it shows the game summary, how many shots fired, how many Morgs killed ... if you play again and you don't beat the previous high score , it won't show the game summary.  It only shows the summary upon a new high score.  It's not a big enough deal to warrant a rewrite.  If you were playing this game in the high score thread you'd WANT a high score.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, sometimes99er said:

I am worried for you. Are you getting enough sleep ?
🤣

He gets plenty of sleep when the saucers pick him up, take him away for a week, then drop him right back off when they snagged him.  @Retrospect no bother checking behind your ear, mate... they are onto that trick and implant elsewhere.

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

This demo shows a "Schooner" moving in an unconventional way.  It doesn't do the usual up/down/left/right, instead opting for "rotation" left and right, and push forward to move.

There aren't any games in the pipeline thus far that I want to implement this method, however, a future Schooner game will have it.  Maybe something with a less "busy" screen than the ones I normally do.  It doesn't fire yet but it could fire in any of 8 directions.  

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, TheBF said:

@Retrospect Can you show us your code to do that little demo.

It's very slick.

I can do, but each time I do that I feel like I'm pulling my pants down.

Here.   It's been altered since, there's a load of bricks on the screen now that you can blast through.

TEST.txt

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Retrospect said:

I can do, but each time I do that I feel like I'm pulling my pants down.

Here.   It's been altered since, there's a load of bricks on the screen now that you can blast through.

TEST.txt 4.6 kB · 3 downloads

Based on the way your games work I don't think you have anything to ashamed of but keep your breeches pull up just the same. :) 

• Haha 3