IGNORED

How much is a Vectrex multi cart?

JagWarlord

I saw an auction on ebay for a Vectrex system, SK Multi-cart, and 6 overlays for $165. Is that a good deal?

It's not bad depending on the condition of the Vectrex, if the controller works OK, and which overlays they are. Do you have a link to it? Remember shipping on a Vectrex is expensive and they have to be packed pretty well to survive the tortures of shipping!

Also, if it's an older version of the multicart, it will have a few less of the homebrews on it.

It sold, but I don't know if it was that great of a deal. It was indeed the old multicart. You should email Sean so that you can order a new one. Sometimes he will email back right away and othertimes he might not email you at all. I have been buying from him for about 8 years now. He makes great stuff.

The price of the Vectrex system have come down quite a bit and you can find overlays to buy online. 4jays sells overlays if they have them in stock. They might also sell the multicarts.

Also, if it's an older version of the multicart, it will have a few less of the homebrews on it.

Although the older version does contain one or two titles that he was asked to take off of the newer one, AFAIK.

I think it was an older multi-cart because doesnt the new one have a Tempest demo?

well No. .. according to Sean's Website .. there has not been any new games added to the multicart in 2 years.

Games not on the Kelly Vectrex Multicart 2.0:

Trakkers, Wormhole, Vectropolis Demo, Gravitrex, Tsunami, VIX, Omega Chase, Spinnerama games, Ronen's Games, Pythagorean Theorem, VS Boxing, War of the Robots, YASI, Protector, Verzerk, Vecaves and countless demos.

Plus the Moonlander version on Kelly's Mulitcart does not have sound and is an earlier Beta.

Now most of the above games and all the originals (less Animaction) can be played on the Vectrex console using the VecRAM cart.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

My setup: Vectrex + VecRAM cart + HP200LX palmtop -> almost 150 Vectrex games and counting! :D

BTW: I develop, compile and transfer games to the Vectrex using only my palmtop!

The VecRAM cart and a laptop/desktop gives open platform capability.

And Richard Hutchinson is working on a palm interface for the VecRAM cart!

VecRAM II is in development right now and will have the ability to run Animaction which requires extra RAM.

Sorry no box! Who needs that? :P

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA