IGNORED

COMBAT XB COMPETITION

Vorticon

COMBAT XB Competition  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in submitting an entry for that competition? (see below for details)

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, fabrice montupet said:

The stereotypes have a hard life and this is historically false... I don't appreciate that kind of humor.

All fun and games.  There are plenty of jokes at our expense here in Burgerland -- we are fat, lazy, entitled, brain-dead zombies who eat possums off the road-side, &c.

16 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

All fun and games.  There are plenty of jokes at our expense here in Burgerland -- we are fat, lazy, entitled, brain-dead zombies who eat possums off the road-side, &c.

As long as the humor is targeted at the frogs or the roast beefs, I don't mind. 🙂

Sorry for derailing the thread.

Edited by Asmusr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

I'm the first to laugh with jokes about French people but this subject is different. Many people suffered or died during war, fighting to preserve their country, their liberty and all that they care about . So joking by calling them cowards does not seem to me appropriate, out of respect for them.

1 hour ago, OLD CS1 said:

image.thumb.png.f8dd3907b85adb522976349606b597c2.png

You don't even deny it ...

@Vorticon Please confirm that there will be no wildlife on the battlefield to avoid ...

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, fabrice montupet said:

I'm the first to laugh with jokes about French people but this subject is different. Many people suffered or died during war, fighting to preserve their country, their liberty and all that they care about . So joking by calling them cowards does not seem to me appropriate, out of respect for them.

I understand, though, while not entirely different, I have a different perspective on the jokes, themselves: I have much respect for the dead; my disdain is for the living, and, at that, a very particular part of the living a la Bastiat.  That said, this is not the proper forum to continue with this conversation.

5 minutes ago, SteveB said:

@Vorticon Please confirm that there will be no wildlife on the battlefield to avoid ...

On a serious note, I assume there are obstacles in the course as it exists now.  Upping the ante for a later contest to include random obstacles (moving walls, wildlife, &c.) could be interesting.

27 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

"à la" meaning "in the manner of," and "Bastiat" meaning Claude-Frédéric Bastiat, or Frederick Bastiat as we Americanize his name.

Thank you for the precision. When reading your message, I didn't thought about Claude-Frédéric Bastiat, It must be said that he slightly ends up in oblivion in France, a good thing in my opinion.  This message ends this off-topic