IGNORED

New Atari 2600 Controller Couplers available. Robotron Style Games and Spy Hunter Configuration versions

8bitwidgets.com

Hi everyone, so I wanted to just let folks know that I have some new Couplers I've created and making for folks if anyone is looking to experience Homebrews that leverage both joysticks, this is a great way to do it.  This is a combined post of two products.  

$15 each and a flat shipping rate of $5.  If you get more than one the shipping stays the same.  

image.thumb.jpeg.b7121e30841cc484fefc7af5a059cde7.jpeg

This is the Robotron Configuration

image.thumb.jpeg.83ca7a98560a01440ab3206ed66eb79b.jpeg

This is the Spy Hunter configuration. 

Here is a video of the Robotron configuration, but the Spy Hunter is the same so I'm just posting this one video:

Edited by Caleb Garner
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, tremoloman2006 said:

"Trooper" Premium Controller?

I could custom make one to fit it, but there would be some additional cost involved.  As I'd have to prototype and such.  You'd need to ship me the controller.   Say $30 or so + shipping costs.  

The variable there is how much trouble will it be to line up the rubber feet under it as I don't know how it looks under there.  PM me if you're interested.  

1 hour ago, mhodgeshvs said:

Can you ship to the UK?

Yes, but I'm not sure how much it would cost to ship to you.  PM me and we can work it out.  Though I'm scared to say because dear lord..  I tried to buy a Rasberry Pi WH for $20.. and the shipping was $52 from a UK vendor! 

Edited by Caleb Garner

Nicely done!!! Now I can play Defender Arcade on the 2600 knowing I can utilize the smart bomb mode by going to (the other) stick, i already have one of the OG 5200 couplers,  and I already have the 7800 ones bookmarked,  so these would complete the set, also should work great with Space Dungeon for the A8/XEGS so now A8/XEGS owners can play both it and Robotron like us 5200 owners currently do. Consider my order for 2 of them placed later on this week!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BIGHMW said:

so these would complete the set, also should work great with Space Dungeon for the A8/XEGS so now A8/XEGS

Yea that's a great point.  There are a lot of systems (even the sega genesis) that can actually use 2600 joystick pinout..  Amiga and others also..  if any of those systems had dual joystick games.  I imagine there must be a few gems out there.  

2 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

Consider my order for 2 of them placed later on this week!!!

Awesome, I'll get to printing a couple ahead of time.  These suckers take 12 hours a piece to print!  :) 

5 minutes ago, Caleb Garner said:

Yea that's a great point.  There are a lot of systems (even the sega genesis) that can actually use 2600 joystick pinout..  Amiga and others also..  if any of those systems had dual joystick games.  I imagine there must be a few gems out there.  

Awesome, I'll get to printing a couple ahead of time.  These suckers take 12 hours a piece to print!  :) 

Great do you take PayPal (preferred) by any means, or even Venmo?

Just a quick post to say that I received my controller coupler today (I went with the Robotron style), and it's excellent.  The build quality is solid, it holds the joysticks very snugly, and the non-slip rubber feet are seriously grippy.

Very happy with it, and wish Caleb the best of success with them!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Very happy with it

That means a lot to me!  I really want people to be able to enjoy using them and be glad the got them.  

6 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

should be here next week!

Yes sir the post office guy came by and picked them up yesterday morning.  They are on their way! :)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Does the one for the  IntelliVision work with controllers for the INTY II?

I make three flavors of couplers for the Intellivision.   

Model 1 - 2609 (original, that works with all the classic designs),

Model 2 - works with the flashback intellivision controller (yes while its nearly identical to the originals, it's not quite)

Model 3 - designed for the INTV II design.  (Thanks to Casey for donating a couple of controllers for me to test with) 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=intellivision+coupler&_sacat=0

Edited by Caleb Garner
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sramirez2008 said:

Question. Does the one for the  IntelliVision work with controllers for the INTY II?

1 hour ago, Caleb Garner said:

I make three flavors of couplers for the Intellivision.   

Model 1 - 2609 (original, that works with all the classic designs),

Model 2 - works with the flashback intellivision controller (yes while its nearly identical to the originals, it's not quite)

Model 3 - designed for the INTV II design.  (Thanks to Casey for donating a couple of controllers for me to test with) 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=intellivision+coupler&_sacat=0

Also discussed here:

• Thanks 3

Mine came in this afternoon, they are SOLID and well constructed, they look like they'll last for decades after I'm gone, I should've paid attention to their design and ordered ones for my AtGames Flashback CX40 joysticks, as these work only with OG CX40 2600 joysticks and not the Flashback versions, let alone the Hyperkin ones one guy mentioned earlier on. Hopefully there'll be ones for Flashback sticks as well as those for Hyperkin/RetroN 77 sticks as well, but these are magnificently created and well worth the asking price.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

and not the Flashback versions

Is the FB version smaller or bigger?  I had to make a special Flashback coupler for the intellivision as well.  If someone sends me a pair of their FB atari controllers I could make one for it.  I once had the IR version of the FB but I didn't keep it because I had trouble (i've read i'm not alone) with the IR not always lining up thus missing some moves..   I should have known to go with a wired version..  but now I just have a real 2600 so that checked that box for me :) 

I have pending 5200 and 7800 donors sending me theirs.  For these 2600 variants, I would only charge the normal $15 for the coupler, the owner simply has to pay the adjusted shipping to return their controllers.  I usually have to make a few iteration prints to test and insure the connection is secure.  

18 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

they are SOLID and well constructed

I'm glad you're happy with them.  I wanted to be sure they'd hold up.  :)  

• Like 1