IGNORED

New Atari 2600 Controller Couplers available. Robotron Style Games and Spy Hunter Configuration versions

8bitwidgets.com

Well since I'm sending in my 2 Flashback 9s to get flashed for Nexus and ARM capabilities this coming week I'll be more than glad to send you my 2 Flashback joysticks I use with them so you can design those variants of them. I'm glad you're also stepping it up and doing both 5200 and 7800 couplers as well, it's guys like you that are SO vital to the classic gaming world and keeping Atari on the map with your great work. It's not just the programmers and developers of games, but it's also those (like you) that come up with the needed controllers and accessories needed to house them in that are the heartbeat of classic gaming.

Edited by BIGHMW

5 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

I'll be more than glad to send you my 2 Flashback joysticks

awesome!  and those mods sound really cool.  

5 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

come up with the needed controllers and accessories

I really appreciate that!  I'm always trying to do better and right by the community.  I appreciate the trust and the help from you others like you who have offered to send me items to help me contribute further.  

I didn't really plan on this happening, it just kinda evolved.  It's fun and rewarding.. and until i get my own coding chops up to par let's do something helpful for folks.  

I still wonder if anyone would be interested in a CX40+Number Pad coupler for star raiders..   i imagine that's on par with the Spy Hunter coupler in terms of niche games..  but man that's a great one! :) 

On 2/28/2023 at 6:16 PM, BIGHMW said:

Mine came in this afternoon, they are SOLID and well constructed, they look like they'll last for decades after I'm gone, I should've paid attention to their design and ordered ones for my AtGames Flashback CX40 joysticks, as these work only with OG CX40 2600 joysticks and not the Flashback versions, let alone the Hyperkin ones one guy mentioned earlier on. Hopefully there'll be ones for Flashback sticks as well as those for Hyperkin/RetroN 77 sticks as well, but these are magnificently created and well worth the asking price.

These couplers DO work with the Hyperkin/Retron 77 joysticks! :)

20230303_110542(1).jpg

20230303_110548(1).jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2023 at 8:58 AM, Caleb Garner said:

Here is a video of the Robotron configuration, but the Spy Hunter is the same so I'm just posting this one video:

Dumb question I suppose, but how many 2600 games currently use either configuration?  Although I guess 8-bit computer games also qualify.

@ledzep Not dumb at all!   While I don't claim ultimate knowledge of all games, I've asked around and heres a spreadsheet showing what games I know work with which couplers..  Atari 2600 and beyond

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1usjY5Ahwqlx-2dT7lpo4jxzg31vcWVTkExFVqXxTMio/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Caleb Garner
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...

@killersquirel absolutely. Feel free to PM me about whichever systems you’re interested in.

www.8bitwidgets.com  Has all of my game products under the game gizmos section. You can purchase directly from me here. I have various links to eBay, just for simplicity for the general public.

thanks,

Caleb

Edited by 8bitwidgets.com