youxia Posted February 14 Share Posted February 14 (edited) When putting together my PIBY collection I stumbled on a problem with BASICA games. They don't seem to work on MiSTer's PC/XT core - displaying "Direct satement in file" errors. Also, when I try them in PCem's XT instance I get IO/disk related errors. The strange thing is that these games work fine on MiSTer's ao486 core and in other PCem setups (486, Pentium). Also, substituting BASICA.COM file with GWBASIC.EXE is said to be working. More details in this thread. I suppose the problem is universal for all BASICA games, here are some of the examples I've tried: B1 Nuclear Bomber, Baseball, Big 8 Football, Black1, 15 Puzzle, Acey Deucey. Was wondering if anybody has some ideas as to why this might be happening, and perhaps could try these games on their PC/XT setups to confirm whether there really is a problem, or if it's something on my side (eg I've only tried from MSDOS 6.22 based images). Bonus points for trying on real hardware. (I attach the examples here, don't think these old Basic games should cause any bother) BASICA.rar Edited February 14 by youxia Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.