IGNORED

BigPEmu - why does it not run well?

Class316

• 5 months later...

I believe it runs well because the programmer is talented. Also, he seems to truly understand how the Jaguar works under the hood. 

I would like to thank him for making this emulator available to us Jaguar fans. I’m only interested because it now has Jag CD support; a peripheral I don’t own. And I’ve always wanted to play Primal Rage and Brain Dead 13!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PeterG said:

Cool... interesting how he keeps adding stuff that wasn't in the games, seems like a real labor of love.

All that's left for Rich Whitehouse is making the emulator cycle-accurate and murder any remaining bugs within the program, particularly one regarding Skiing and Snowboarding when you finish a track and go back to the selection screen. That and releasing the macOS and Linux versions...

Oh yeah, and the possibility of adding Jaguar Voice Modem support for Ultra Vortek :D

Edited by KidGameR186496
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A new BigPEmu build is in the works

Rich Whitehouse states that it will introduce rewind functionality, network rewind, rollback support, and reverse audio support. It will also include two scripts for analog support in AVP, Iron Soldier, and Wolfenstein 3D

In other news, Rich will be giving a speech regarding his work with BigPEmu at PRGE 2023. I hope Hans Reutter of Cyberroach uploads the speech to YouTube in his YT channel! After all, he helped with the Atari 50 collection :D

Edited by KidGameR186496
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2024 at 9:51 PM, KidGameR186496 said:

I've been wondering what has been of Rich Whitehouse? I hope he is doing well even with the baggage he carries :(

He's been back on discord a little bit, but is having some serious health issues sadly.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't noticed that Rich Whitehouse talked about version 1.1. of BigPEmu on Twitter. I read his post and looks like his medical condition has taken a serious toll on his health. It's a miracle that he managed to release v1.1 in the state he is currently. 

I really, really wish Rich the best for his health and his family. He really is a great fellow 🙂👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...