IGNORED

Only have access to legacy emoticons

x=usr(1536)

This is an interesting one, and it's been happening for a while.  If I go to insert an emoticon into a post, only the legacy emoticons are appearing, and the only category I can see are the legacy ones:

1462238799_ScreenShot2023-02-18at10_19_10.thumb.png.379e0aab747107d698f4e28838a1786e.png

Like I said, it's been like this for some time; I just haven't got around to reporting it until now.

Hmm, that's odd -- they are working fine for me in Safari and Firefox.  I don't see any settings that would restrict those emojis in any way as long as they are enabled.  What web browser are you using?  Do you have Javascript blocked or something like NoScript enabled while browsing AtariAge? 

Here's what I see: 

Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 10.53.00 AM.png

..Al

21 hours ago, Albert said:

Hmm, that's odd -- they are working fine for me in Safari and Firefox.  I don't see any settings that would restrict those emojis in any way as long as they are enabled.  What web browser are you using?  Do you have Javascript blocked or something like NoScript enabled while browsing AtariAge? 

Here's what I see: 

Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 10.53.00 AM.png

..Al

I'm running Brave without any additional script blockers, etc.  The browser also runs in a private session by default and is regularly closed and re-launched (I'm on a MacBook Pro, and it tends to get moved around a lot), so don't believe it to be a caching issue or similar.

FWIW, I'm seeing the same thing in Safari and Firefox.  Firefox does have over 9000 extensions installed, but even with all of them disabled it still happens.

1 hour ago, x=usr(1536) said:

I'm running Brave without any additional script blockers, etc.  The browser also runs in a private session by default and is regularly closed and re-launched (I'm on a MacBook Pro, and it tends to get moved around a lot), so don't believe it to be a caching issue or similar.

I could definitely see Brave blocking them, especially if those are being loaded from a different server or some other behavior that might trigger a browser to block content.

1 hour ago, x=usr(1536) said:

FWIW, I'm seeing the same thing in Safari and Firefox.  Firefox does have over 9000 extensions installed, but even with all of them disabled it still happens.

Do you have a firewall running on your computer or your network that could be blocking that content?  In Firefox, if you enter Developer mode, you can look at the network tab to see if there's anything not loading (you'd need to reload the page after turning that view on).  

Actually, looking on Invision's forum, they did change something about this in 4.7.6 (which is the version we're running now for a bit over a month), so caching could very well be the problem.  Can you erase your browser cache in one of your browsers and see if that helps?  

..Al

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2023 at 10:00 AM, Albert said:

I could definitely see Brave blocking them, especially if those are being loaded from a different server or some other behavior that might trigger a browser to block content.

The fun part is that I looked into this repeatedly and didn't find anything.

What I had missed was that under Privacy and Security | Security | Advanced, the 'Use secure DNS' option had been turned on.  And because the browsers here are synced, *all* of them were exhibiting the behaviour.

The only way I finally zeroed in on it was to use the search feature for the preferences and look for 'DNS'.  That got me to the right place, which is not exactly prominent.

In any event, all is well now and I have a full gamut of emoticons with which to make my moods and whims known :-D

• Like 1